Parking at Jerez Airport

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Alan
Tourist

Parking at Jerez Airport

Postby Alan » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:08 am

I'm sure I've seen a thread on this subject but can't find anything using the search, so apologies if it's been posted before.

We are flying from and to Jerez Airport next month and will be leaving the car for 5 days. What's the best option? If going from Malaga we pay usually around 3 euros a day and they drop us off and pick us up at the airport, but the only time I have flown from Jerez before (and was given a lift to get there) there didn't seem to be much around that area and no signs indicating long term parking places.

pilgrim
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pilgrim » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:01 pm

There is a field just before the airport that looks like long term car parking. Sorry have no more info, but may you could enquire at the bar/house? just after the field

jan400
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jan400 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:49 pm

There is just the one car park and I think someone on here said that it was 6€ a day. I don't know how much it is to park in the field.

chicdiz
Andalucia.com Amigo

Parking at Jerez

Postby chicdiz » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:06 pm

Parking in a field on the left, about a quarter-of-a-mile before the airport, costs 10€ a week, but how you would get into the airport I don't know - hopefully they provide lifts for people.

Perhaps someone else knows the answer to this one.

andalucia
Site Admin

Postby andalucia » Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:52 am

Nige
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Nige » Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:03 am

The Andalucia info says that there is no bus service for Jerez airport. However I have some HOT NEWS ! There is ! The Cádiz Bay combined transport authority has started a new service ! The airport bus service serves Cádiz, El Puerto and Jerez town before arriving at the airport. Times are on this pdf file or you can look at the El Consorcio de Transportes de la Bahía de Cádiz website itself for transport options in and around Cádiz Bay.

http://www.cmtbc.com/07/adjuntos/HorariosAeropuerto.pdf

Website for Cádiz Bay transport: http://www.cmtbc.com/

Also I believe that the new bus station in Jerez is now operational. It is next door to the train station.

I seem to recollect that a 'local' suggested parking down a road leading to the flying school which is on the right just before you got to the main airport terminal car park road. Never done this myself so cannot recommend it ! The daily charge at the airport car park is Euros 6.95

Alan
Tourist

Postby Alan » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:56 am

Many thanks for those replies. Jerez is one of those few and far between towns where there seems to be plenty of free street parking, so I may leave the car there and get this bus as the times are favourable. I can then equate it to the shuttle service the car parks run at Malaga.

35 euros doesn't seem a lot but what's stopping me leaving it in the car park is the fact that I have only paid 9 euros more than that to fly to Stansted and return including taxes and fees!

Go on, say it.... If your ticket is so cheap, why baulk at 6.95 a day....?? :lol: