Tangier to Marrakesh

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Alan
Tourist

Tangier to Marrakesh

Postby Alan » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:11 am

After taking the hydrofoil from Tarifa (Andalucia forum, see? :wink: ) has anyone ever taken the overnight train from Tangier to Marrakesh? I want to do this later this month but it seems that you can't book train tickets or sleeper accommodation from outside Morocco.

I've booked into a riad in Marrakesh but if there is no room on the train we will have to look for somewhere in Tangier for the night, which I don't want to do and then waste time making the 8 or 9 hour journey the following day, again assuming there are places left.

Any ideas?

Nige
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Nige » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:34 pm

Isn't it daft! Not being able to book a sleeping couchette or even buy a rail ticket in advance for travel within Morocco. I am planning to do this route too and would be interested in your experience. The worse thing that could happen, I suppose, is that you can't get a sleeper and have to spend a night in Tangier and then get the daytime train the following day.

angel
Tourist

tangeirs

Postby angel » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:28 pm

On a simlar note - I would be interested if anybody has taken the guided excursion to Tangiers with the high speed cat company in Tarifa? If so would you recommend it?

lis48
Resident

Postby lis48 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:21 pm

I would be interested if anybody has taken the guided excursion to Tangiers with the high speed cat company in Tarifa?
I'd recommend doing the tour that gives you one night there rather than the day trip. Not much more expensive but you get to have time on your own to explore the next day and of course an evening when the city comes to life. Otherwise you just go for the day and get led everywhere.