Somewhere to stay

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Annabell
Andalucia.com Amigo

Somewhere to stay

Postby Annabell » Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:47 pm

Hi
We're heading over in December on our first house hunting trip. Flying into Jerez and then heading down towards Chiclana.
Does anybody know of a decent cheap hotel or apartment for 3 nights between 15th - 18th December.
Also, has anybody had any dealings with Brunos cars at the airport?
Thanks
Annabell

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:52 pm

We have used Brunos hire cars based in Puerto de la Duquesa for many years and have always been completely satisfied.

Chalky
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Chalky » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:50 pm

We have used Brunos hire cars based in Puerto de la Duquesa for many years and have always been completely satisfied.
How much do you get each time you tell us that, SH :?: :wink:

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:07 am

Great idea! I'll get in touch and try to work something out with them. :wink: :D

Nige
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Nige » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:37 am

Ther is an IBIS hotel situated just south of Jerez on the main A4 next to the Carrefour supermarket. Current charge is about 50 Euros a night for the room. But you can get lower prices if you look out for Hostals. Would recommend IBIS if you are arriving late on first night and plan to start early the following day !

Annabell
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Annabell » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:19 pm

Thanks for that. We actually arrive about 11.30am so will have plenty of time to look around. But IBIS seems cheep enough.

chicdiz
Andalucia.com Amigo

Cheap Accommodation near Chiclana

Postby chicdiz » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:56 pm

Am sending you a p.m. Annabell

lis48
Resident

Postby lis48 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:00 pm

For good value use discount25.com which fills up empty rooms in large hotel chains at 50 euros a night. You have to buy a book of 5 vouchers but we found them good when house hunting as rooms are available at that time of year in Paradors, Iberostars, Tryp and other 5 star hotels. Plenty of beach hotels in Novo Sancti Petri to use as a base for exploring Chiclana which come under the scheme and are empty then.

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:16 pm

Why do you want to move to Chiclana, it's absolutely full of junkies!!

vindaloo1973
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby vindaloo1973 » Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:38 pm

I don't know whether or not Chiclana is full of junkies but I must that Chiclana is not a nice place to live in. El Puerto de Santa Maria is a far better place, I would call it real Spain, not just a place where it is changing very slowly into Costa del Sol.
Positive things happen to positive people.

jan400
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jan400 » Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:35 pm

Sorry, would have to disagree. All I will say is don't take anyone's word for it - have a look yourself!

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:44 pm

vindaloo1973 wrote:I don't know whether or not Chiclana is full of junkies but I must that Chiclana is not a nice place to live in.l.
We only went there the once, certainly not in a hurry to go back!
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

accommodation-in-spain
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby accommodation-in-spain » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:15 pm

Chiclana is a typical Spanish town, not sure where the junkies are as I have never seen one there - the older part of chiclana is nice to walk around and there are some great shops there if you are wanting to furnish your house and some lovely tapas bars and cafes. I would not fancy living in Chiclana town myself as I am more of a country girl but it isn't that bad if you are used to living in a town or city.

There are lots of lovely villages and resorts located on the outskirts of Chiclana and I have yet to meet someone who has stayed in the area for a week or so who hasn't fallen in love with the area.

Good luck and happy house hunting :D

Annabell
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Annabell » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:52 am

We wasn't looking to buy in Chiclana, we're heading there to find somewhere to stay and will be looking in areas around Chiclana.
I've lived in France for the last 2 years, and now i need some excitement as its very boring here. So Chiclana seems lively enough but would still want to live somewhere much quieter as long as there is some life nearby.

lis48
Resident

Postby lis48 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:13 am

Chiclana seems lively enough
I've never heard Chiclana described as lively before. Sounds like estate agent talk to me. Early in the morning around the market maybe, but we've walked the streets in the heart on a Friday evening and found it hard to find a restaurant or bar open. The main life is in the ventas on the outskirts. I suggest you look at living near Vejer, Conil or El Puerto if you want to find somewhere quiet with a lively all year round town nearby.

Nige
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Nige » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:41 pm

In the centre of Chiclana, there is this interesting roadsign....

accommodation-in-spain
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby accommodation-in-spain » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:43 pm

I like it Nige, and I thought the UK road signs were confusing :lol: