Car Boot Sales

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:56 pm

keddyboy wrote:No boot fairs in or around Alhaurin El Grande. The one at the feria ground stopped months ago and the new one at Los Arcos on the Coin Cartama Road was stopped about 7 weeks ago. The lady who runs these did not have the necessary paperwork would you beleive. I overheard her speaking to some other expats at Los Arcos one day she was closed down and it appears she had the same problems in the UK when she tried to run them!!!!!!
There is rumour of a boot sale at Los Neranjas on the back road from Cartama to Churrana[ not run by the same person!!!!!]
it seems we actually would of met then mr keddyboy ;) i was there, i had a stall...i´d just set up when i was told to pack up :(

the Los Naranjos one starts on the 14th. there used to be one there before, but it wasn´t very sucsessful. lets hope this one is better. i need a decent place to sell my stuff.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

safeashouses
Resident

Postby safeashouses » Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:39 am

Spanish-lad you should try the Sabinillas car boot, the last time we were there, the weekend before Xmas weekend, the large car park was full of buyers and cars were queuing to get in, plenty of people on foot too. We were told that you need to get there early by 7am to get a pitch and no new goods are allowed on a car boot stall.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:39 pm

safeashouses wrote:Spanish-lad you should try the Sabinillas car boot, the last time we were there, the weekend before Xmas weekend, the large car park was full of buyers and cars were queuing to get in, plenty of people on foot too. We were told that you need to get there early by 7am to get a pitch and no new goods are allowed on a car boot stall.
sabinillas ? wheres that ? down on the n340?

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:04 pm

sabinillas ? wheres that ? down on the n340?
Yes. Past Estepona and before you get to Puerto Duquesa. Down the hill from Manilva. The Carboot/Market is on the Ferio Recital, well signposted.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:12 am

oh the one just off the roundabout on the n340?? are you mad, thats always swarming with GC ;) :P

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:53 am

Yes span, but the IT gear you are pushing is so old and outdated that it got an amnesty from Franco. You would be selling it as antiques. :wink: :lol:

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:21 pm

spanish hopes wrote:Yes span, but the IT gear you are pushing is so old and outdated that it got an amnesty from Franco. You would be selling it as antiques. :wink: :lol:
hahahaha :p what IT stuff? i´ve got loads of stuff to sell, not just the computer bits ;)