Almunecar

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Jennifer2000
Tourist

Almunecar

Postby Jennifer2000 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:46 pm

We have booked a three week stay in Almunecar in May and would like some help with local facilities. We are staying in a hotel but plan to get out and about.

What are the local buses like for getting around?

Is there free internet access at the library?

Any published local walks or footpaths?

Any other information that you think will be helpful.

Many thanks,

Jennifer2000
Jennifer

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:20 am

There are plenty of things to do and see in the area and many buses. Don't miss a trip to Granada and the Alhambra but book it through a travel agent in the town. I would recommend Sureway Travel.

There are many Internet Cafes in the town.
Sid

pwwm
Resident

Postby pwwm » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:04 am

Have a drive around the Alpujarra's, and take a stop at Trevelez, reputed to be the highest pueblo in Spain and it lies at the foot of Mulhacen the highest mountain in Spain.
Also have a visit to Marina del Este, very pretty little marina, stop for a coffee break there.
Also maybe visit the Castle in Salobrena, great views and if you are lucky maybe the restaurant will be open.
I found the book, Rough guide to Andalucia excellent and I live here!!!!!

Have fun
pwwm

pwwm
Resident

Postby pwwm » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:12 am

Forgot to say, book your Alhambra tickets online and I would recommend you hire the translater's very cheap and well worth it(you will find these where you collect the tickets), you just click a link at whenever the symbol is shown and you hear all about that part. Do take drinks and food, it is not very good for drinks except at the Alcazaber.
Link below for booking and you can do it in English and choose you own time and date. Remember the time for the Nasrid palace is only a half hour window do not miss it because the palaces are fantastic, as is the rest ,allow all day.

pwwm

Jennifer2000
Tourist

Postby Jennifer2000 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:04 pm

Thank you very much for the information.

Will three weeks be long enough I wonder? We can always return.
Jennifer

meseta
Andalucia.com Amigo

market

Postby meseta » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:54 am

There's a great market there, close to the Tourist Office, first Saturday of each month. Rastro style, new and used bits and pieces and a super atmosphere. Have fun !

Mariposa
Andalucia.com Amigo

Guided walks -Almunecar

Postby Mariposa » Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:27 pm

PM me if you would like to go on guided walks in the area- if you don't have transport this could be included if you want to go into the nearby mountains . Walks are between 2 and 10 kilometres and not too steep.