Flying in from Manchester to Jerez

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Jade138
Resident

Flying in from Manchester to Jerez

Postby Jade138 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:41 pm

My cousin and her husband are interested to attend the Blackpool Dance Festival in Blackpool (Manchester).

According to her, the festival commences from 26th May to 3rd June.
This would be their first trip to Manchester.

I have not heard about it nor been to Manchester either.

They will be flying directly from Hongkong to England.

They would like to visit us after the festivities.

If you have travelled via this route from Manchester to Jerez, please
share your experience.

Which is the most economical way for them to fly here?.
Jerez must be the final destination.

Please reply via PMs if you are more comfortable.

Thanks in advance.
Friends multiply joy and divide sorrow

LEONARDO
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby LEONARDO » Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:28 pm

The most economical route would be Blackpool to Stansted then Stansted to Jerez with Ryanair. By the way Blackpool is about 1 hours drive from Mancheater Airport.

Leonardo :D

Nige
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Nige » Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:59 pm

Are you sure it is held in Manchester? I would have thought that the Mayor/ess of Blackpool would have something to say about that !
If it is in Blackpool, then it could be easier to go to Liverpool airport for the Ryanair flight to Seville? But no direct flight to Jerez from Liverpool.
If they get into a quickstep and not waltz around , they can take the 16.45 flight from Liverpool on the Sunday 4th June for a bargain price of £85 one way for both.

Hurry hurry. Tickets only available if you're quick :lol:

P.A.D.
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby P.A.D. » Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:23 pm

Ive checked ona search engine and everything on the official page seems to indicate it will actualy be held in Blackpool, (the Winter Gardens are mentioned quite a bit, so it may be there)
Anyway, this link is to the official home page for the event if you want to pass it on to your relatives

http://www.blackpooldancefestival.com/b ... ebsite.htm

LEONARDO
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby LEONARDO » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:03 am

I have just checked online and the price of the flights from Blackpool to Stansted are £20 for 2 and the flights from Stansted to Jerez are £46.34 for 2 a total of £66.34 and no need to travel from Blackpool to Liverpool or from Seville to Jerez when they get to Spain

anewlife
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby anewlife » Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:13 am

Blackpool is not in Manchester, it is in Lancashire. Leonardo - when did you last travel from Blackpool to Manchester Airport??? It is certainly not an hours drive these days - there are so many road works!! It takes me longer to get to Manchester Airport than Liverpool Airport and we travel from North Manchester so it is easier and quicker to drive to Liverpool Airport than Manchester Airport, believe me!!

LEONARDO
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby LEONARDO » Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:56 am

I know where Blackpool is i can see the Tower from my house in Southport. If you read the message it states that the couple are arriving at Manchester airport from Hong Kong and then going to Blackpool they are then going to Jerez to visit friends, because Ryanair fly from Blackpool i was just showing them a route to Jerez which only involved a taxi ride to Blackpool Airport from their Hotel in Blackpool saving them the journy from Blackpool to Liverpool which by the way is also near where i live and i use Liverpool airport to fly to Granada to my home in Albondon. It also saves them a journey from Seville to Jerez when they arrive in Spain.

Leonardo :roll: :?: :!: :oops: :x :D

Nige
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Nige » Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:56 am

LEONARDO wrote:If you read the message it states that the couple are arriving at Manchester airport from Hong Kong
No it doesn't. Read the message again. :lol: :lol: :lol:

lis48
Resident

Postby lis48 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:01 am

I understand your point Leonardo but the timings of the flights don't work out for that really. I've looked into it before. The flights from Blackpool arrive Stansted at 09.10 or 22.55. The flights leaving for Jerez go at 07.15 or 16.45. They would have to wait 7 hours plus at Stansted airport or stay overnight so I would think Seville would be their best option and an easy enough run for Jade to pick them up from there from El Puerto (1 1/2 hours).
Nige, I also assumed she meant flying into Manchester as we always used to fly in there from HK as being the only possible airport up North. I can't imagine that you can fly into Blackpool from HK.

Nige
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Nige » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:15 am

Hi Lis - I suppose if it is a question of cost then travelling from Blackpool to Stansted on the first flight that leaves at 08.15 then later to Jerez is going to be cheaper but I agree with you about that long wait at Stansted. But if they want to travel on Sunday (the day after the end of the festival) then no flight out of Blackpool until 22.00 !
It's an ordeal just checking into Ryanair especially with baggage and all those gowns needed for dancing. Check the revised baggage allowances carefully !

If they take the Liverpool-Seville flight on Sunday afternoon, they could stay in Seville and see the sights ! See some exciting Spanish dancing ! Olé :lol:

LEONARDO
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby LEONARDO » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:50 am

Nige

I have just read the message again and it does say on the 4th line down that they are flying from Hong Kong to Manchester

My cousin and her husband are interested to attend the Blackpool Dance Festival in Blackpool (Manchester).

According to her, the festival commences from 26th May to 3rd June.
This would be their first trip to Manchester.

I have not heard about it nor been to Manchester either.

They will be flying directly from Hongkong to England.

They would like to visit us after the festivities.

If you have travelled via this route from Manchester to Jerez, please
share your experience.

Which is the most economical way for them to fly here?.
Jerez must be the final destination.

Please reply via PMs if you are more comfortable.

Thanks in advance.

LEONARDO
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby LEONARDO » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:52 am

Sorry Nige England

Leonardo :oops:

Nige
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Nige » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:10 pm

Leonardo - of course it was :lol: and it was very easy to misread that. I am sure that Jade's cousin and hubby are flying into Manchester but think that is where the confusion started :lol: Clearly the event is held in Blackpool not Manchester and it's a question of getting from Blackpool to Jerez. But if it's a Sunday then flying from Blackpool looks like an overnight in Stansted :-( so it really depends on the day of travel and the Seville option. I have used the train from Seville to El Puerto several times and it's comfortable and easy (and cheap) And the moral to the story is TRAVEL LIGHT - only pack essentials and one luxury ! If you are desperate, you can always buy new clothes enroute.

kevin77
Resident

UK road atlas redrawn by expats shock!

Postby kevin77 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:28 pm

anewlife wrote: It takes me longer to get to Manchester Airport than Liverpool Airport and we travel from North Manchester so it is easier and quicker to drive to Liverpool Airport than Manchester Airport, believe me!!
Surely not newlife! I would have thought wherever you are in North Manchester you can take the M60 motorway either clockwise or anticlockwise and be at the airport in 30 mins max. Liverpool, I would allow an hour plus to be on the safe side.

anewlife
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby anewlife » Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:44 pm

I jest not Kevin. Believe me when I say Liverpool is easier and quicker than Manchester. The M60 is in a right state at the moment with all the road works and if you didn't know the airport exit, you may well pass it as it is not very clearly signposted. It takes 45 mins to get to Liverpool, probably 2 hours to Manchester it's that bad!!

Jade138
Resident

Postby Jade138 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:31 am

Thanks everyone for your help.
I have relayed your advices to my cousin.

P.A.D., really appreciate the link and yes, that's the event
they will be attending.

They will not be renting a car in UK.
Which is the best mode of transportation (taxi, tube, coach)
from airport to their hotel and vice versa.

Can someone recommend a safe and affordable hotel in
Blackpool?

Have anyone flown from Blackpool directly to Barcelona via
Ryanair or with other airlines?
Please share your experience.

Really appreciate the tips and advices.
Thanks.
Friends multiply joy and divide sorrow