Hotel reviews

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
bakeke
Andalucia.com Amigo

Hotel reviews

Postby bakeke » Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:53 pm

Hi there,

I'm looking to book a hotel (4 or 5*), around Marbella/Estepona area and wondered if anyone could recommend one. So far, I have whittled my list down to three possibles: Alanda Club Marbella, Incosol Hotel, and Marbella Melia Dinabar. If anyone can give me some feedback on these hotels or can recommend any others, i'd be really grateful.

Thanks,
K
Kelly

Ulli
Andalucia.com Amigo

Puerto Banus hotel

Postby Ulli » Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:10 pm

Hi there,
I often stay at hotels on the coast and I would recommend Guadalpin Puerto Banus. They are 5* and have some great deals on at the moment. Beware that you don't go for the Marbella one because contrary to what they say the two are not even similar in any way. Depending on the puprose of your stay and of course budget if you can splash out a little bit I really recommend the superior junior suite (i think that's what they call their highest level room). It is very nicely decorated and has a terrace with 2 levels with a private jacuzzi on the upper level!
Incosol is not a place I would recommend at all when there are better ones available I would like to add. Melia is usualy ok but not of the level of Guadalpin PB and if Alanda Club is the NH on I still go with my suggestion :D .
They also have a very nice "rice restaurant" on site called Abanda I think or something very similar, the seafood paella is very very nice tehre :D .
Anyway, that's my 2 p's worth. Good luck.
Ulli
F?dd i Sverige men med Guds hj?lp Sk?ning :)

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:32 pm

The Guadalpin Banus has a very bad write up on tripadvisor.com someone said they would never go there again.

Alan-LaCala
Resident

Postby Alan-LaCala » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:19 am

Have a look at www.holidaytruths.co.uk for reviews.

Alan
Remember that everything that Fred Astaire did, Ginger Rogers did too; except she did it backwards and wearing high heels!

bakeke
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bakeke » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:23 pm

Thanks for the feedback. Alan, I looked on HolidayTruths and couldn't find any reviews on the Alanda Club or the Incosol. I will look into the Guadalpin Hotel and talk with hubby.

Thanks again,
K
Kelly

jules 2
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jules 2 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:56 pm

The Kempinski, Estepona has great facilities & a gorgeous beach location.
Gardens & swimming pool to die for!
Also has a wonderful beauty spa if you fancied the odd pampering session. It is apparently quite famous for it's breakfast too, both lunch & breakfast were excellent when we stayed.
jules 2