Parking at Malaga airport

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Alan
Tourist

Parking at Malaga airport

Postby Alan » Thu May 18, 2006 6:19 pm

There is a car park, P3, to the north of the control tower at the moment with courtesy buses going backwards and forwards to the terminal.

There doesn't seem to be a system of tickets or payment that I could see when I drove past the other day, so does anyone know if you can leave your car there for four or five days and not be charged for doing so?

Alan
Tourist

Postby Alan » Mon May 29, 2006 8:51 pm

For your information, I parked my car for free there for five nights, took the free courtesy bus (every ten minutes or so) for the five minute ride each way to the terminal and would not hesitate to repeat the feat again. Let's hope the works there last for years :wink:

Seriously though, it can save a lot of cash at the moment and the place is guarded too. When I started opening the doors to load up, within seconds a couple of security men rode up on scooters to check I was indeed the owner and not trying to break in.

curatokid
Resident

Postby curatokid » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:29 am

Drive straight into car park 3 and the bus is waiting to take you to terminal, on return bus back to car, area is patrolled by security guards, excellent service and all for free, dont hesitate.

mijas-lady
Resident

Postby mijas-lady » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:38 am

Hi I´m meeting friends at the airport to help with luggage - should I use parking 3 and bring luggage back on bus?

Marina
Resident

Postby Marina » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:39 am

I did that yesterday and it worked well.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:50 am

Think I would rather pay, security may not operate all night. It won't be long before the local thieves realise some cars are there long term. If you have an upmaket car it will be out of the country before you get back.