Car Hire Fuel Charges

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
floydman
Tourist

Car Hire Fuel Charges

Postby floydman » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:15 am

I have booked a car hire from Carjet at Malaga as usual and have been offered a Ford Focus at good rates from Centauro who operate a full/empty policy. Having requested a switch to Crown to get full /full I have now told I will have to pay an extra 20 euros (I did this earlier n the year and there was no difference) This seems to show they are looking to make money from the fuel. Does anyone know how much someone like Centauro charge for a prepaid tank of fuel so I can understand whats the best deal?

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:13 pm

You could ask them but from memory its an officially sanctioned rate of about €60 or 70€, or was a few months back.

Solysombra

Postby Solysombra » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:35 pm

Floydman, try Royal car Hire, I think they're based in Calahonda, they deliver to the airport and pick up, they are no more expensive than the airport companies and they offer a personal service (the owner of the company will deal with you, and they operate a full/full tank system, give em a try!