Malaga Hotel

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
MarkF
Resident

Malaga Hotel

Postby MarkF » Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:18 pm

I am treating my mum to a few days in Malaga, she has had a stressful year caring for my ill dad. I'd like a nice small hotel for her, central and comfy. I've stayed in a few chains there and the cheaper ones like the "Lis" and "Sol" on the Alameda but I don't think she would like either type :D

Any suggestions?

Many thanks,
Mark

brenda
Resident

Postby brenda » Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:09 am

Have a look at the 3 star Don Curro - very central for the old town + shopping.

MarkF
Resident

Postby MarkF » Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:04 pm

Is that it then? One recommendation for the whole of Malaga city :D

Thanks Brenda, I will consider that one, have stayed there once and it's looking like the favourite but I'd prefer something smaller and a bit more characterful. Doesn't seem to be anything much between the Hostals and the chains. :(

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:47 pm

The poor response is I am sure that when you live here you do not need to use hotels, and try as we might to persuade them that a stay in a hotel would be good for them, the family prefer to stay with us! :roll:
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

oscarposcar
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby oscarposcar » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:11 pm

hi

there doesn't seem to be many hotels in malaga (ie not chains and not hostals). we've stayed a couple of times in don curro which as you say lacks character although it's well located. there's one called hotel larios in calle larios which i've been tempted by although it's very boutiquey and perhaps not what your mother would like. it's also expensive but does do off-season offers. i don't know the website offhand but do a search.

good luck

MarkF
Resident

Postby MarkF » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:24 pm

Yes, I was tempted by the Larios too, looks a great view from the roof and I wouldn't mind a stay in the AC too. :) Anyway, I booked my mum into the Don Curro and I will slum it in a hostal. :D