Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
buckleyda
Tourist
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:47 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby buckleyda » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:52 pm

[i]Hi Buckeyda, yes same screen using the digital certificate. After generating the form though it only has 3 pages and does not contain elements stated as mandatory for payment by AEAT. It would be really useful to understand from the others who report having been able to pay, how did they do it? One thing is to pay and another thing is to pay correctly as AEAT is very careful as includin disclaimers like 'if payment details do not include ALL mandatory information then the payment does not produce any effects' and at the same time presenting this c..p to the tax payer in the year of 2022.

We've called AEAT three times today and every time after explaining the situation and asking for clarification they hung up. Is this even possible?

[/i]

I just pressed formalize deposit return and then completed the NRC payment on my Sabadell Spanish account and it linked up with the tax payment section. It went out of my bank account straight away and showed up on my tax files soon after that.

summer_destination
Tourist
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:43 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby summer_destination » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:16 am

Thanks but clearly we are discussing different things since the issue/scenario I've been trying to troubleshoot is paying from a non-collaborating entity (most likely bank abroad), which is not supported by the NRC flow etc.

SV

User avatar
Enrique
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 9167
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:47 am
Location: Mytchett/Alcala La Real

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby Enrique » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:29 am

Hi,

The useful update from buckleyda's last post is confirmation that the "NRC" method registers in a timely manner as one would expect for Electronic transfers.
UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.

bbobandannie
Andalucia.com Amigo
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:29 am
Location: Ardales, Andalucia

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby bbobandannie » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:35 am

Ok last stupid question on this subject from me I hope!! I have now generated a PDF copy using the link that Enrique posted and not my digi certificate so have all the information I need to complete payment by cash, however I would much rather pay by bank transfer so that I know it's all done and dusted. The previous suggestion of downloading the PDF and then deleting it - does that mean the form hasn't gone anywhere near the tax man and he won't know until I take it to the bank? Does the Numero de Justificante not mean anything until the process is completed by payment of cash? I've checked my husbands record and you can clearly see this years form and payment made but my record still only shows 2020's forms and no suggestion of the form I've just downloaded (I'm guessing it's just downloaded to my computer but I'm a scaredy cat in case something else has happened). I just want to check before I go back and raise another form using my digi certificate and paying by bank transfer as I don't want the tax man chasing me for something that I've already paid!!

User avatar
Enrique
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 9167
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:47 am
Location: Mytchett/Alcala La Real

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby Enrique » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:44 am

Hi bbobandannie,

You can generate as many non-digital signature forms as you like....... the only one that counts is the one you take to your Bank, where it is Scanned and you handover your Cash.

I have generated may over the years when "researching" problems with the Form 210.
UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.

summer_destination
Tourist
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:43 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby summer_destination » Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:55 pm

Hi,
No question is stupid, I am glad that you managed to progress. I'd lean towards saying that you would benefit more from listening to Enrique than me but I can't believe that this is not available info to AEAT. In the end, you generate a form with your NIE, property number etc - even though you are not generating it with a digital certificate. I am saying this because I considered doing exactly the same (i.e deleting one of our forms since we have one generated with a digital certificate and another one without). With this being said, even if the information is stored somewhere it may be true that it does not generate any implications. The one generated with digital certificate is called 'acceptance of debt with payment through transfer' which is not the case/name of the one generated without certificate.
I hope this helps
SV

summer_destination
Tourist
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:43 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby summer_destination » Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:58 pm

I agree but looking back at our posts I realize that sometimes they can be as confusing as AEAT's instructions are :) I try to always post detailing as much as possible (and repeat if necessary) the background/use case. There is no NRC method available to people who do not hold a Spanish account.

Enrique wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:29 am Hi,

The useful update from buckleyda's last post is confirmation that the "NRC" method registers in a timely manner as one would expect for Electronic transfers.

User avatar
Enrique
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 9167
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:47 am
Location: Mytchett/Alcala La Real

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby Enrique » Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:37 pm

Hi summer_destination,

Have a read of slapdash's Posts on.......... Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:59 pm Page 85 of this Thread........... :idea:

also Page 85........... Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:59 pm

also Page 85........... Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:09 am


Example......
You can use the Search on this site using key words...........form 210 payment from abroad

May throw up some useful info..........

I was under the impression you had successfully used the .........."Payment by transfer from abroad"............. option........ :?:
UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.

ericsbcn
Andalucia.com Amigo
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:38 am

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby ericsbcn » Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:16 pm

bbobandannie wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:22 am I paid my husbands after using the digital certificate by using our Spanish bank details, as he is the lead name on the account it didn't have a problem with him at all and payment was done within seconds. I was unable to pay my bill using our Spanish bank details as I'm not the lead name (even though I have authority to set up direct debits etc), Sabadell isn't on the list of accepted debit card payments and without the angram code I couldn't transfer from my Spanish bank account - leaving me with no option but to either pay in cash or from my UK account. It does seem to assume that if you have a digi certificate that you have a Spanish bank account and I couldn't see anywhere it mentioned paying from overseas until I looked at the form that Enrique linked us to.
Hi bbobandannie,

I'm a little late to this discussion, but maybe I can help.

My wife and I had a similar problem paying with digital certificate when we first bought our place in Spain: We were able to pay her bill using our Spanish bank because her DNI (she is Spanish) matched what the bank has. But it did not work for me, because our bank uses my passport number instead of my NIE as the identifier.

After much research, I found a solution: We use my wife's digital certificate to pay my bill. There is a way for her to pay on my behalf. That results in an NRC. Then, we use my digital certificate to do the Form 210 and just fill in the NRC we got before.

To make a payment on behalf of someone else (using English menus):

0. Use your husband's digital certificate

1. Go to AEAT main page
2. Select All Procedures at the top
3. Select Other services on the right side
4. Select Payment of taxes on the right side
5. Select Payment of taxes on the right side (again)
6. Select Self-assessed tax return - Direct debit payment on the right side.

That brings you to a page which allows you to make the payment. Select the form 210 and input your NIE and name. Enter the amount to pay and bank information. After confirming on the next page, it will give you an NRC. Save that in a file or something, but don't lose it. Close the brower and reopen it. Now use your digital certificate. Complete the Form 210 and at the end enter the saved NRC instead of bank information.

Hope that helps.

We have also used the method of "Pay Taxes" on our bank's website to make the payment and generate the NRC. And that worked fine also.

- Eric S.

summer_destination
Tourist
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:43 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby summer_destination » Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:59 pm

Hi, I've managed to solve this and explained how. I commented on the fact that I do NOT have a Spanish bank account so that others who may be in the same situation do not get misled by tips which cover the Spanish bank accounts ownership scenario. I did not come across to what you call 'payment by transfer from abroad'. While that is referenced in some pdf documents, in practice it is 'acknowldged debt with payment by transfer'. Or at least this was what I got.
Many thanks to everyone helping and especially Enrique. I am available to pay it forward.

Enrique wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:37 pm Hi summer_destination,

Have a read of slapdash's Posts on.......... Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:59 pm Page 85 of this Thread........... :idea:

also Page 85........... Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:59 pm

also Page 85........... Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:09 am


Example......
You can use the Search on this site using key words...........form 210 payment from abroad

May throw up some useful info..........

I was under the impression you had successfully used the .........."Payment by transfer from abroad"............. option........ :?:

bbobandannie
Andalucia.com Amigo
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:29 am
Location: Ardales, Andalucia

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby bbobandannie » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:57 pm

ericsbcn wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:16 pm
bbobandannie wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:22 am I paid my husbands after using the digital certificate by using our Spanish bank details, as he is the lead name on the account it didn't have a problem with him at all and payment was done within seconds. I was unable to pay my bill using our Spanish bank details as I'm not the lead name (even though I have authority to set up direct debits etc), Sabadell isn't on the list of accepted debit card payments and without the angram code I couldn't transfer from my Spanish bank account - leaving me with no option but to either pay in cash or from my UK account. It does seem to assume that if you have a digi certificate that you have a Spanish bank account and I couldn't see anywhere it mentioned paying from overseas until I looked at the form that Enrique linked us to.
Hi bbobandannie,

I'm a little late to this discussion, but maybe I can help.

My wife and I had a similar problem paying with digital certificate when we first bought our place in Spain: We were able to pay her bill using our Spanish bank because her DNI (she is Spanish) matched what the bank has. But it did not work for me, because our bank uses my passport number instead of my NIE as the identifier.

After much research, I found a solution: We use my wife's digital certificate to pay my bill. There is a way for her to pay on my behalf. That results in an NRC. Then, we use my digital certificate to do the Form 210 and just fill in the NRC we got before.

To make a payment on behalf of someone else (using English menus):

0. Use your husband's digital certificate

1. Go to AEAT main page
2. Select All Procedures at the top
3. Select Other services on the right side
4. Select Payment of taxes on the right side
5. Select Payment of taxes on the right side (again)
6. Select Self-assessed tax return - Direct debit payment on the right side.

That brings you to a page which allows you to make the payment. Select the form 210 and input your NIE and name. Enter the amount to pay and bank information. After confirming on the next page, it will give you an NRC. Save that in a file or something, but don't lose it. Close the brower and reopen it. Now use your digital certificate. Complete the Form 210 and at the end enter the saved NRC instead of bank information.

Hope that helps.

We have also used the method of "Pay Taxes" on our bank's website to make the payment and generate the NRC. And that worked fine also.

- Eric S.

Oh wow, I've just had a quick follow of your instructions and I think you may have put me in the right direction - I've gone from only being able to pay by cash to having two options to pay by bank transfer, your's and Enrique's suggestion!! If only the Spanish website would be as clear on how to pay as all the help on here has been!! Many thanks for that - I think I'm defo going to sleep tonight now that I know it can be done easily!! Can't wait till next year when we are offically tax resident and need to complete a full tax return - it's going to be fun but that can wait for now!!!

summer_destination
Tourist
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:43 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby summer_destination » Sat May 21, 2022 12:02 pm

Hi all,

After completing the form with digital certificate and paid by bank transfer from abroad, I am however unable to see the payment registered with AEAT. Am I looking for somethig that does not exist?
I've used the links/methods referred to in earlier posts, and I find my 210 form on the AEAT site but no confirmation of the payment.

Appreciate any insight/guidance.

Many thanks,
SV

User avatar
Enrique
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 9167
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:47 am
Location: Mytchett/Alcala La Real

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby Enrique » Sat May 21, 2022 12:34 pm

Hi summer_destination,

When did you complete the Form 210 Bank Transfer Payment........ :?:

It may take some time to register on the AEAT site.

The best I've seen it is 10 days using a Spanish Bank account (Form 210)........ I've recently paid some car Tax from UK bank and that took a week to show as paid.

"Its a bit like love it's not an overnight thing" ............. :D
UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.

summer_destination
Tourist
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:43 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby summer_destination » Sat May 21, 2022 2:30 pm

Hi Enrique, looking at the posts here the payment was done approximately 3 weeks ago.

Where do you look and see your payment confirmed?

Many thanks,
Sv

User avatar
Enrique
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 9167
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:47 am
Location: Mytchett/Alcala La Real

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby Enrique » Sat May 21, 2022 4:01 pm

Hi summer_destination,

Using site Search "check form210 payment"

Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax Page 85 slapdash's Post Feb 21 2022 11:51 pm.

https://www1.agenciatributaria.gob.es/w ... JERCICIO=0

Don't forget to put in correct year.........2021 for last years Submission you have just done.
UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.

summer_destination
Tourist
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:43 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby summer_destination » Mon May 23, 2022 8:49 pm

Hi Enrique,
I used the link and read page 85 and many more, what I basically get at that link is my own form 'RECONOCIMIENTO DE DEUDA Y PAGO POR TRANSFERENCIA' but no confirmation of the payment...

User avatar
Enrique
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 9167
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:47 am
Location: Mytchett/Alcala La Real

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby Enrique » Tue May 24, 2022 6:56 am

Hi summer_destination,

Had a look ..............they have changed the result of a search........... :crazy:

Try this Link....................I get detail result from previous years.

https://www1.agenciatributaria.gob.es/e ... cn00c.html


From your Post...........
RECONOCIMIENTO DE DEUDA Y PAGO POR TRANSFERENCIA

putting that through Google

ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF DEBT AND PAYMENT BY TRANSFER...........to me that says you have Paid......What's your take on that....... :?:
UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.

summer_destination
Tourist
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:43 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby summer_destination » Thu May 26, 2022 3:29 pm

Hi Enrique,
thanks, I do not have an issue with retrieving my submitted form. However, the text RECONOCIMIENTO DE DEUDA Y PAGO POR TRANSFERENCIA has been there since I submitted it (so even before ordering the payment). I have the first version saved and unfortunately, not a single word changed on it post payment. What is YOUR take on it? :) :think:
Muchas gracias,
SV

summer_destination
Tourist
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:43 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby summer_destination » Fri May 27, 2022 6:42 pm

Solved.

https://sede.agenciatributaria.gob.es/S ... eudas.html

(requires a digital certificate, but it displays the payments received for the respective NIE/NIF)

User avatar
Enrique
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 9167
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:47 am
Location: Mytchett/Alcala La Real

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby Enrique » Fri May 27, 2022 8:23 pm

Hi summer_destination,

:( ............" No payments made by the taxpayer have been found "............ not for me :!: :!:
UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests