Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
tmarshall57
Tourist

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby tmarshall57 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:40 am

Thanks Enrique, I'll certainly have a look.

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Screagle » Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:43 am

Ah, Modelio 2010 - the gift that keeps on giving. I'm always grateful to the help and advice on this particular topic found on A.com and as a non-resident property owner completing the forms (six in total!) is now straightforward albeit time consuming and requiring attention to detail.

Having settled my obligations earlier this year prior to changing bank accounts I no longer have the ability to pay my taxes due next year from a branch account. I'm now with N26 :thumbup: . To this end I would find it very helpful if there was an updated section on payment options and processes.

Saludos

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:18 pm

Hi Screagle,
Option (1)....................
Fill Form 210 in , Print and pay in participating Banks with Cash...............

"is now straightforward albeit time consuming and requiring attention to detail."..............

Export your Data before leaving Form then next year it's just a case in Importing previous years Data , change Date and Rate (if this has been updated)
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Stoker
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Stoker » Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:09 pm

Hi

I hope someone can help me.

I have just completed my 210 form manually and validated it without errors. I don't see any way of generating a PDF. I've clicked on "Select Deposit/Return" and then clicked on "Generate preliminary Tax Return" but then get a response saying:-

"Warnings for filing the form drawn up using this form
You are about to file your preliminary tax return, but there are warnings you should check
1. Validate and generate PDF. You can save the document on your computer in PDF format.
2. Print the document.
3. Write the NIF (Fiscal ID) on the Copy for the collaborating entity-AEAT and sign it by hand.
4. Presentar de acuerdo con las instrucciones que se le proporcionarán.
Do you want to continue with the preliminary tax return?"

Where do I generate the PDF?

Also what has happened to the FAQ?

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:50 pm

Hi Stoker,
I'll get back on your issue tomorrow............

Stoker
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Stoker » Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:38 pm

Many Thanks Enrique Have a good night.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:05 am

Hi Stoker,
Some info you may find useful..................assuming form filled in and no errors

Select Deposit/Return

Formalise Deposit / Return popup window

Export ........ this downloads data file to computer for use next year

Generate preliminary tax return

Warning popup window

Continue

pdf file now on screen

top right options to Print and or Download

Download ...........so you have a copy on computer, can then print using your .pdf Reader

Print ..............will print to a printer on your system or print to "Microsoft Print to PDF"

Notes:

Microsoft Print to PDF......... can print using your PDF Reader

you only need to Print Pages 4 -6

There is a timeout on your session so don't go and make a coffee before printing and saving.......... :-)

using Firefox 104.0.1 and Windows 10 21H2

Stoker
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Stoker » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:43 am

Many thanks Enrique. It was the warnings that stopped me from proceeding thinking that I had to clear them first.

tmarshall57
Tourist

Postby tmarshall57 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:42 pm

Further to my earlier post, I completed my Modelo 210 submission a couple of days ago. I focused on doing the job completely online and paying by direct debit using a Spanish IBAN. The advantage of this is not having to print out documents and take them to the bank - also the payment is taken at the end of the year.

The process worked for me and didn't take long. I used a lot of the information previously provided by Beachcomber (thank you very much) and I documented the process I followed.

The document is located here: https://1drv.ms/b/s!AhDB7EJ68FIlgpZ-5YS ... A?e=PBL1ED

I will update the document from time to time but I can't promise to respond quickly to all queries. The document includes a list of pre-requisites and assumes you have a digital certificate.

Best wishes

Tony

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Screagle » Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:00 pm

Sterling effort, Tony - many thanks. A very good reason for me to get a digital certificate to save queueing up and paying cash over the counter next year. Just to clarify on page 4 "10. Repeat this process..." , if I'm the only property owner with a digital certificate then I'll be able to make payments on behalf of joint property owners from my Spanish IBAN provided I complete their Contribuyente details on the form for each property we own jointly? I'm guessing this is what Gestors do anyway...

Saludos

tmarshall57
Tourist

Postby tmarshall57 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:32 pm

Thanks Screagle. I am not sure I can answer your question fully. The way I do it is by having my wife's digital certificate on my laptop and, once I've completed mine, I kill the browser and then reload and go through the same process but choose her certificate.

However, as you suggest maybe the best option would be for you to act as your wife's representative. This may require some additional form-filling on the AEAT site but I'm not sure. I'll edit the document in a few days depending on further feedback.

tmarshall57
Tourist

Postby tmarshall57 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:51 pm

Screagle wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:00 pm if I'm the only property owner with a digital certificate then I'll be able to make payments on behalf of joint property owners from my Spanish IBAN provided I complete their Contribuyente details on the form for each property we own jointly? I'm guessing this is what Gestors do anyway...

Saludos
Looking at the AEAT website I wonder if this topic applies to the use of Form 210 for the submission of imputed non-resident tax:

https://sede.agenciatributaria.gob.es/S ... untas.html

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Screagle » Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:58 pm

Wording makes reference to property sales so it's unclear if this applies specifically to payment of imputed taxes. Having said that if the principle is power of attorney required then I'll just have get the forms signed by the joint propery owners and queue up with the readies....

Saludios

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:29 pm

Once again this year, I let "Spanish Tax Forms Ltd" do this for me. In the past, I just got them to do the forms, which I then presented to my bank when in Spain. With the onset of covid, and not being able to travel, I got them to present the forms for payment as well.

This year, I got them to do this as well. I made an initial enquiry to them late Wednesday night. We agreed the figures and I paid them direct to their bank account on Thursday. Today, Friday, I have received the "receipted forms" confirming the payment. The whole lot wrapped up inside three days. Life is too short in messing around with these forms.

anyroads

Yogibear
Tourist

Postby Yogibear » Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:41 am

I am looking to do my 210 form and make payment of NRT for 2021 tax year. I have done this for a few years now, is the procedure the same as the previous year? Has the rate of the tax altered?

Any help much appreciated

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:16 am

Hi Yogibear,

Rate is 24%

You may not be able to Import the previously save data as they messed this up earlier in this year.

So be prepared to fill in your details from scratch.

Yogibear
Tourist

Postby Yogibear » Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:42 pm

Thanks Enrique. The NRT seems to go up each year........24% for 2021 and before that I had the CV multiplier change from 1.1 to 2.0%, I hope thats the end of this trend!!
Is it still the case that you can only pay on line if you have a digital certificate?
Must try and get one if and when next in Spain.

nevillewillmott
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby nevillewillmott » Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:36 pm

Hola Foristas

I need to pay Renta Imputada for 2021 but had difficulty renewing my digital certificate. Unable to find out the reason.

Is it still possible to fill in Modelo 210 online, print it and take a copy to the bank for payment? I did this about ten years ago

Gracias de antemano

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:26 pm

Hi nevillewillmott,

"Is it still possible to fill in Modelo 210 online, print it and take a copy to the bank for payment?"............Yes

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:53 pm

Re your digital cert - have you already renewed it once ? If so, you canot renew it again, but must start from scratch :-(
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)