Building permit for updating a bathroom ???

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Pigeon Tim
Andalucia.com Amigo

Building permit for updating a bathroom ???

Postby Pigeon Tim » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:28 pm

I'm updating the bathrooms in my villa, new tiles, bath, sinks etc and also replacing the marble floor in the hall with some new tiles. Simple enough job it seems until you remember you live in Spain.

The builder has just informed me I need some kind of license/permit just for the simple task of replacing the above items, anyone else heard of this?

He said if the Police drive past and see a skip on the road or in the drive and builders working then they can come in and ask to see the permit as I have to get permission from the Council for the jobs I want done.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:39 pm

Yes you will need a licence.

The builder should be able to arrange it for you. It is a formality for "minor works" and doesn't usually take long to come through.

He is absolutely right about the skip. The council's main source of income is from building licences and it is worth their while to send a man out on a moped looking for skips and piles of sand etc.

Sid

Pigeon Tim
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Pigeon Tim » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:29 pm

ok thanks.

Gin Monster
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Gin Monster » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:46 pm

Just moving on a little from the original question...how long are these licences valid...and can you include mulitple projects. We have 2 athrooms and 2 kitchens that will need replacing, but over a lengthy period of time...could they all be encompassed in one application?

Cheers GM

pdellis
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pdellis » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:17 pm

It does seem to vary from area to area, but here, you have 6 months to commence the work (from date of permissions being granted) & 2 years to complete the works

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:33 pm

....same timescale here. If you need to delay the start of the works or extend the period for completion you must apply for an extension to the licence period.

Gin Monster
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Gin Monster » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:50 pm

Thanks for the replies folks...very helpful :D