Spanish health system (operation)

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Michaelinland
Andalucia.com Amigo

Spanish health system (operation)

Postby Michaelinland » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:35 pm

Hi

Has anyone had a non urgent operation done under the Spanish public system? If so how did you find it?

Cheers

Mike

Heston
Resident

operation

Postby Heston » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:48 pm

A friend of mine recently broke his leg and had to have pins etc...said he couldnt fault it only trouble was getting released they didnt seem to want to let him go!

Susi
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Susi » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:25 pm

I have translated for Brits who have had various operations here in Granada, ie hip replacements, prosthetic knee joints, etc and they have all had very good treatment.

My daughter also had an emergency operation on a broken femur and I have nothing but praise for her treatment throughout.

gstringemo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby gstringemo » Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:37 pm

Sorry it´s so long since this was originally posted, but I´ve only just seen it.

I´ve had two operations in Granada, one for a broken ankle and the other for a hernia (due to hefting heavy cement bags around).

One operation was carried out in El Clinico and the other in the hospital San Juan De Dios.

I was impressed both times by the cleanliness, the success of the operations, the food, the care and the after care I received.

The only problem I had was that the beds were fairly short. I´m 6 feet 2 inches and the beds were probably designed for shorter members of the Spanish Race.

Still, that was a small price to pay.
It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up.

Happiness is a journey and not a destination.