Granada Tax Office v Gestoria

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
concorde
Resident

Granada Tax Office v Gestoria

Postby concorde » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:52 pm

It it as easy to go to the Tax Office in Granada and get help with filling in a non-residents tax form, or better to pay a gestoria to do it the first time and hopefully be able to diy in future.
I will probably have to go into the tax office anyway to register and get 214 forms and sticky labels etc, but have been waiting for my first IBI bill from our local town hall.

I have looked on here at helpful answers to taxes and have downloaded a 214 for info. I know El Cid and Beachcomber have given advice in the past on this

RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:13 pm

Been posting Beach about this today. Very helpful. The gist is if you are paying someone about 100 Euros to do it, it's probably a fair price. On the other hand if you want to do it yourself ,apparentley, it's not too hard.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:19 pm

I would try the tax office first. It really is not that difficult and if you get stuck you could always try asking on the forum first.

You will certainly need to go to the tax office to register and get your labels but you can actually fill in the form on the screen then print it out ready completed. If you are going to do this ask at the desk where they sell the forms for a "programa de ayuda" to put it in.

The Town Hall should be able to tell you what the valor catastral is on your property and if the property is new and not yet registered for IBI you use half of the escritura value as the base.

Do not forget that you need to fill in one form for each person named in the escritura.

samizdat
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby samizdat » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:32 pm

As its in Granada I woundn't venture down there unless you are a fluent spanish speaker and know what you want.

Have tried twice both times with a native speaker (but not from Granada) and failed miserably I paid a local to go down and do it and wait in all the queues, and get the stamps. and go to another desk to get more information........etc etc.

concorde
Resident

Postby concorde » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:02 pm

Thanks Samizdat, cheered me up no end!
Even if I got a gestor to do my tax return, surely I would still have to go and register in person at the tax office, or can it be done on line if I have my NIE no. and escritura no?

Help!!!!!!