No tax to pay ever again?

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
peterthegrate

No tax to pay ever again?

Postby peterthegrate » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:43 am

OK, well maybe some tax will be due - We are moving to Spain at the end of June, but I am continuing to work in the UK, commuting back & forth every two weeks - ie approx 50% time in UK & 50% in Spain. Does anyone know of a website or other source where I can get information on Spanish tax law? I want to decide on my country of residence for tax purposes. One specific question: is tax relief available on Spanish mortgages? Any help, or recommendation on who to ask, would be much appreciated. Ta. Peter.

pilgrim
Andalucia.com Amigo

tax

Postby pilgrim » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:19 pm

My husband works in uk. 10 days in uk 4 days in Spain -self employed Spends more than183 days in uk therefore pays tax there. You should declare this here in Spain.

Dealer
Resident

Postby Dealer » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:54 pm

As someone who has worked all over as an expat I can tell you that all you are allowed in the UK (work or holiday) is 90 days a year. If you go over this 90 days you are resident and you have to pay tax, to work overseas and go to the UK for less than 90 days you have to declare yourself as none resident to the UK taxman. The good news :shock: is that Spain uses a double taxation system that the UK accepts so any tax you pay here can be deducted from the amount that you are due to pay in the UK on ALL overseas earning.
Me? I keep away from the UK and only travel back for a few weeks a year so I have not paid UK tax in over 24 years. Here is a tip though NEVER ignore any correspondence from the taxman if you are going abroad to work otherwise he will estimate you and then you are in deep sh*t........
"A soul afraid of dying will never live"

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:08 pm

Dealer wrote:As someone who has worked all over as an expat I can tell you that all you are allowed in the UK (work or holiday) is 90 days a year.
The law recently changed to also include the days of arrival and departure in the 90 day calculation.

Sid

Dealer
Resident

Postby Dealer » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:09 pm

You are right I forgot to mention that!
"A soul afraid of dying will never live"