Planning permission

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Pigeon Tim
Andalucia.com Amigo

Planning permission

Postby Pigeon Tim » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:43 pm

Thinking of converting an empty roof space area into a bedroom. It won't involve doing anything to the structure externally apart from adding a new window.

My builder seems to think I don't need any planning permission for this as it's all internal but obviously it will go from a three to a four bedroom villa. Is this correct and if so do I need to inform the town hall of the change etc?

Heston
Resident

planning permission

Postby Heston » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:58 pm

Always go for the license..its all well and good the builder saying no but the book stops with the home owner. Go along to your Town hall tell them what your looking to do with a costing and they will say yeah or neigh!
x

Pigeon Tim
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Pigeon Tim » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:35 pm

OK thanks, any idea of how long these things take, can they give you an answer there and then or does it invlove a visit from an inspector?

Heston
Resident

planning permission

Postby Heston » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:13 pm

In my experience ( and bear in mind its inland..it maybe very different on the coast) I have gone filled the form in paid then got a receipt and the license has been posted out a few days latter...but please remember that i live inland I think it maybe different where you are perhaps other Costal members can shed some light?
x

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:53 pm

I recently applied for permission (from Urbanismo dept. @ town hall) to carry out "obras menores" (minor work) in an apartment in Torremolinos, including changing an existing window. I got the permission within 10 days. The "tax" is around 7% of the (declared/estimated) cost of the work. Obviously I got a very cheap quote!
You have to (theoretically) apply even for work such as re-tiling your kitchen & bathroom. Of course most people don't - I did because the apartment is in a rather fussy community, and I didn't want any hassle from neighbours. Since this probably doesn't apply in your case, you could perhaps take a chance. But bear in mind if you need a skip, it could draw attention to the fact that work is being carried out. If you need to put a skip on public land i.e. the road, you need permission for that also.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.