Paving blocks - where can I buy them?

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Paving blocks - where can I buy them?

Postby peteroldracer » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:58 am

We are putting together a 'presupuesto' to apply for a licence for building a wall, gate and car-stand, and I cannot find anywhere in Velez-Málaga or district to get paving blocks - the kind that look rustic (or even a kind that looks like a UK brick drive!), as used outside the Conference Centre in Malaga and all over - like a cobblestone. Anyone help?
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Colinm
Resident

Postby Colinm » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:46 pm

Peter, I think there is a place just outside Torre del Mar, on the road towards Rincon. At the new roundabout (and posh fountain) take the exit immediately before the main road - it leads past the 'Royal Club' and Hyundai garage. Just on the right there is a brick & block place (I think!)
If not, then apologies in advance,
exit backwards, grovelling. :oops:

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:38 pm

Isn't there a Leroy Merlin over your side of Malaga? I thought I'd seen one, maybe where Dunnes is? Doesn't show up on their website. They seem to sell just about everything you could possibly need. If Malaga (before the airport) isn't too far for you, check this: http://www.leroymerlin.es/mpng2-front/p ... e_exterior
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:55 pm

A quick update - colinm, thanks for that - the bloke was helpful, and although they stock all sorts of stuff, not those blocks. he did however give me the name Terrazos Campanillas in Malaga and their website looks a possible source! Other azuleos or pavimientos dealers in Velez and Torre didn't have them, but the building supplies place behind El Ingenio has some fairly plain bricks that would be strong enough, and is Brit-friendly.
Miro - Leroy and bauhaus are both possible sources, but I have found that costs go up once both west of malaga and in the diy supermarkets. Generally in Spain I have found that supermarkets charge you more than small shops for the convenience of getting more under the same roof....... :wink:
I will get there in the end!

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:53 pm

theres a building suppliers in benemorgosa, and another 10 ?? in velez, they are all over the place down there. ask someone, a neibour : "donde hay una almacen de materiales de construction?? qual es el mas cercana?", or stop at a building site and ask where they get theirs from.

out of interest, find out the price of bricks for me, "bloques normales, de la 9 centimetro". they are 9c each here.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:38 pm

spanish_lad: as you will no doubt know, paving slabs and floor tiles are deemed not to be building supplies here, so one must search in places selling azulejos and pavimientos.....i.e not the benamargosa place (although they do sell nearly everything else, apart from wood, whish is not a building sup......etc

Faire d'Income
Resident

Postby Faire d'Income » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:34 pm

Have you tried Bustos in Colmenar? Or Cano Barba or any of the other suppliers on the poligono?