so i got pulled coming out of la linea into campamento ...

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

so i got pulled coming out of la linea into campamento ...

Postby spanish_lad » Wed May 02, 2007 9:53 am

i said "quierres documentos?? yo tengo seguro..." (do you want my documents, i have insurance) .. my mum and my aunt were in the car btw...

"no, abrir el malatero senor" (no, open the boot)

so i gets out and opens the boot, starting to take the bags out... he tells me to stop, moves them to one side, looks at the back of the boot and says "tienes tabacco?? de donde fui? donde vas? de donde eres? donde vivo?" (have you any tabacco, where have u been, where are you going, where u from, where do you live??)

i said, been to gib, got shopping in the boot, live in malaga and i'm english... he said "ok, on your way..

:?: :?: :?:

what the hell was that all about, red car day or something :roll:

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Wed May 02, 2007 11:01 am

It's just that you look dodgy mate.

spanish hopes
Resident

Postby spanish hopes » Wed May 02, 2007 11:08 am

hillybilly wrote:It's just that you look dodgy mate.
WELL Dodgy. :lol: :lol: :wink:

gretch
Resident

Postby gretch » Wed May 02, 2007 11:30 am

‘Done nothing wrong, got nothing to worry about’. That’s the attitude I take.

OK I know this is optimistic, they could find something if they want to, so I smile I’m polite and I hope for the best.
And so far so good :?

gretch

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Wed May 02, 2007 3:46 pm

You were lucky.
I went to visit a friend in southern Sweden once, flew in to Copenhagen as it was the nearest International airport. My friend borrowed a clapped out old Volvo from a friend of his, bit of a smack-head, and came to pick me up. When we eventually got back to Sweden, the friend asked my mate if the car had been OK. He said yes, except that customs had pulled it apart and held us up for hours when crossing back from Denmark to Sweden. Smack-head says "Oh, they must've recognised the car, it always happens to me when I come back from my booze buying trips". Nice of him to warn my friend!
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

Paula
Andalucia Guru

Postby Paula » Wed May 02, 2007 3:57 pm

I went to Gib week before last .
They waved me out without even looking at my passport let alone checking what I had in the car. I sort of expected to get stopped being as there were no cars in front or behind.

jennyshaw
Resident

Postby jennyshaw » Wed May 02, 2007 5:20 pm

Once went to Gib , started to queue up to come through the customs, when they stopped the car in front and just literally took it apart, all the seats out, carpets out, everything in the boot out, you get what I mean, the guards just waved us by, we did,nt have anything we should,nt have, but we felt relieved just to get through without going through all that.
Jenny

aidan
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby aidan » Wed May 02, 2007 6:38 pm

Since the relaxation on the border itself, there has been a lot of stop and searches by Guardia on the routes out of La Linea. The police are extra keen to catch smugglers as a guard got badly hurt when they hailed down a car which ran straight through them.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Wed May 02, 2007 7:04 pm

aidan wrote:Since the relaxation on the border itself, there has been a lot of stop and searches by Guardia on the routes out of La Linea. The police are extra keen to catch smugglers as a guard got badly hurt when they hailed down a car which ran straight through them.
ahhh.. that explains it ...

and hilly and mr hopes ... just because i have two women in the car doesn't make me dodgy ;)

spanish hopes
Resident

Postby spanish hopes » Wed May 02, 2007 7:59 pm

and hilly and mr hopes ... just because i have two women in the car doesn't make me dodgy
Ah Ha, they were your cover. :wink: :lol: