Dingy sailing

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
KobolKid
Tourist

Dingy sailing

Postby KobolKid » Fri May 25, 2007 3:29 pm

Hi
Can anyone tell me if there is any Dingy sailing in the Vinuela area?
I saw a couple of dingies near the Vinuela Hotel but nobody sailing.
Better still does anyone know of any sailing clubs in the Vinuela / torre-del mar / Nerja area?

Cheers

Gazespana
Andalucia.com Amigo

Dingy Sailing

Postby Gazespana » Sat May 26, 2007 5:04 pm

Hi - Probably the reason you dont see many people out on the lake is due to the fact that you have to have a licence, and yes you guessed it ! it is extremely difficult to obtain one. The Police can impound your craft if you haven't got one. We live near to Iznajar Lake and a close friend has just been turned down by the authorities in Seville as he didnt have a sea worthiness certificate from the nearest Port commandante !! and his civil liabiltiy insurance (which is valid in Europe) was in English. There is also a sailing school in Iznajar but not a yacht or dinghy in sight !! Good luck. :?

mhic
Andalucia Guru

Postby mhic » Sat May 26, 2007 7:11 pm

We see sailing boats on Vinuela from time to time and the other week there were some people on boards being dragged along by kites. Have no idea what sort of permissions are needed though, I would have thiught the hotel could point you in the right direction.

mhic