Renewal of Residencia Cards

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Daystar
Andalucia.com Amigo

Renewal of Residencia Cards

Postby Daystar » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:40 am

Andalucia has a News and Press release concerning the
New Residency Law. Does anyone have the true information
concerning renewal of Residencia Cards. Ours are up for
renewal in October 2007. On visiting the National Police
website I found that renewing is the same as initial
application.
2 passport photographs
Letter from bank proving income
Medical Insurance
Finger for fingerprint :)
and hours of waiting in line at the Police Station :(

Is this correct, wrong or old information?

MrsP
Resident

Postby MrsP » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:00 pm

Residents cards can't be renewed now. They have finished with them.

More info here

http://www.livespainforlife.co.uk/default.aspx?id=18
Chris

petert74
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby petert74 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:39 pm

I can confirm this as my two children dont have them as they have been replaced by a single piece of paper.

It unfortunate really as it will mean carrying your passport everywhere as you'll still need ID to use a credit card ect (and pretty much everything esle).

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:39 pm

Here are details from the Ministry of the Interior site:

http://www.mir.es/SGACAVT/extranje/regi ... encia.html

And the revised application form:

http://www.mir.es/SGACAVT/modelos/extra ... /ex_16.pdf

Daystar
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Daystar » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:42 pm

Thankyou so much MrsP, you have saved us from the dreaded waiting at the Police station.
We already have resident certificates from the town hall and passports.
The website you offered is really informative. Thank you again. :D
Thankyou Beachcomber, will look at those sites now. :D

Edited. Thanks Beachcomber again. Have read those sites. For those who only speak English, I recommend using the Google translator on the Google taskbar, Settings> Options>tick Translate. Translation can realise a lot of humorous results. I use a Flight Simulation on my computer and regularly visit Japanese sites to download terrains and aircraft What fun their English version is :D

brenda
Resident

Postby brenda » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:19 pm

Daystar - as far as I am aware, the Residence certificates from the Town hall - by which I assume you mean the Padron - are not the same as the new Resiodencia replacement ones that have to be obtained from a Police Station.

Daystar
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Daystar » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:32 pm

Thsi is a cutting from the suggested website of MrsP, above.

EMBASSY ADVICE

British Ambassador Sir Stephen Wright agreed with the government delegate’s statements and insisted on the need to carry a passport as a form of ID.

He also made a call for all British citizens who live in Spain to register at their local town hall ‘Padrón’ and thus be accounted for as residents in Spain with all the benefits this entitles them to.

The conclusions drawn from the interview were clear: Residencias are no longer required and those who demand to see them can be reported to the authorities; passports or a national ID card are the only official forms of ID required for EU residents in Spain and the Registro de Extranjeros certificate is not a new form of ‘residencia’.

I think I will go with that statement :)

Sandy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Sandy » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:50 pm

Hi All

We went to Sevilla two weeks ago thinking we were having our fingerprints done before having our ID card. We each returned with the new Green Residencia Form duly stamped. This is now for life! We were lucky to find a proper wallet in a bazaar shop in Osuna and now carry this around with us.

The registery at your local Town Hall is for the town to know you live there and also they have extra money allocated to each person (this we were told when we first lived here)!!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:57 pm

As I said in a post on another thread on this subject a number of people with whom I attended Fuengirola police station a few weeks ago were given the option of either having a residence card or a certificate.

They all opted for the card and a few days ago I picked up nine brand new, shiny residence cards.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:08 pm

Daystar wrote:Thsi is a cutting from the suggested website of MrsP, above.

EMBASSY ADVICE...
I think you have misinterpreted what you have read.

Signing onto the local Padron at the Town Hall is separate from the new Certificate of Residency.

Although it does not yet seem to be a legal requirement to sign on the Padron, it is a legal requirement to register with the police and be issued with the new certificate of residency (or a card if you get the option).

Sid

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:10 pm

Beachcomber wrote:As I said in a post on another thread on this subject a number of people with whom I attended Fuengirola police station a few weeks ago were given the option of either having a residence card or a certificate.

They all opted for the card and a few days ago I picked up nine brand new, shiny residence cards.
Anyone happen to know if Torremolinos police offer the option of a card still? I don't want a flappy bit of green paper :cry:
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:24 pm

I've not been to Torremolinos recently and I am not sure that the option given at Fuengirola police station will apply to new applications.

We have the EU to thank for poking its nose into Spain's business and forcing them to withdraw residence cards. I'm sure there are more important matters they could have concerned themselves with like land grab and the granting of licences for illegal buildings.

It seems that such things are beyond the realms of their competency.

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:29 pm

Couldn't agree more, Beach.
I didn't realise the cards issued were for older applications. I don't suppose then that new applications will get the option. :cry:
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

Daystar
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Daystar » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:45 pm

Thank you everyone. So I have to go to the National police in Ronda when our Residencia cards runs out in October 2007 for green flappy bits of paper. Is the residencia card the only thing to take or do I need all the items at the start of this post, as well, to take with me.?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:02 pm

Theoretically you only need your passport, some copies and and the application form but Avellana had to produce a padrón certificate in Antequera and Nerja Town Hall claims that you need photographs.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:10 pm

Beachcomber wrote:Theoretically you only need your passport, some copies and and the application form but Avellana had to produce a padrón certificate in Antequera and Nerja Town Hall claims that you need photographs.
If you have any pets then take their pet passports as well. :D

Sid

Daystar
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Daystar » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:32 am

So it looks like even the National Police don't know what they are doing. No unified standard operating procedure. So it looks like a visit to Ronda to see what they come up with, unless anybody has been through the Ronda experience, it would be handy to know.

MrsP
Resident

Postby MrsP » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:58 am

Has anyone been to do fingerprinting for a residents card which was applied for before they stopped them ? Did they still get a card ?
We have a letter with an appointment for fingerprints in Nov 07. I don't want to go and queue for hours and find they give me a bit of paper which I could get now.
Beachcomber are you saying these people just went to the police station and applied and got residents cards after a few weeks :shock:
If so which police force and I take it you have to go to the main one in your area ?
Chris

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:51 am

No, sorry, I did not make this clear in this particular post.

The applications were already in the system prior to the change as I stated in my post in a similar thread and I do not know whether this option will continue for new applications.

MrsP
Resident

Postby MrsP » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:54 am

I think we will go and get our fingerprints done then and collect our cards. In 5 years time things will probably have changed again :roll:
Thanks
Chris