Harley Davidson Rally Fuengirola - Accommodation Required

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Kahuna
Andalucia.com Amigo

Harley Davidson Rally Fuengirola - Accommodation Required

Postby Kahuna » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:30 pm

Hi Folks

I'll be down at the Harley Rally (weekend of 21st thru 24 July) in Fuengirola. Its party time for us old duffers who like to deafen ourselves with the Harley and then with music.

I had intended to ride down from Teba and back again each day (too ancient for camping nowadays LOL), but probably spoil the weekend if I cant have a beer or two, and jiggle around with the other folks!

Anyone know of a B&B or similar in walking distance from the front, and could let us have two rooms for two nights - Thursday 21st & Friday 22nd ?

We ride bikes but we're not rockers LOL - very tidy souls!

If so I can pop down and sort it out next week in advance!
Kahuna
=======

mijas-lady
Resident

Postby mijas-lady » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:52 pm

hi where in Fuengirola is this-oh having midlife crisis and into bikes big time :D

Kahuna
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Kahuna » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:06 am

Site is probably at the Feria Ground - but just hit Fuengirola sea-side and you wont miss it I can assure you. When we had the rally in St Tropez (its a different location each year - Ireland last - Barcelona 2003 and Portugal 2005) there were 26,000 bikes there!

There are some very big bands on too.

If you wana see some bikes be in Fuengirola on Sat 24th for a Parade.

Where ever you are around Ronda / Malaga / Gib you'll be seeing lots of Harleys!

See you there!
Kahuna
=======

brenda
Resident

Postby brenda » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:59 am

Can recommend Hostal Italia - just 5 minutes walk from beach and 2 minutes from restaurant area.

Spotlessly clean en suite accommodation.

freecatsrus
Resident

Postby freecatsrus » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:24 pm

According to my calendar Sat is the 21st and Tues is the 24th :? :?

So can you clarify when to see the parade?

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:29 pm

Agree with Brenda on hostal italia, i have stayed in plenty of hostals over the years and italia is the best of all. Aircon, roof terrace and breakfast area. You will need to book because it is very popular. I have the number if you need it. They also own the bottom half of a hostal over the road and that has a self contained apartment in it.

burrotaxi
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby burrotaxi » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:27 am

I've searched on Google for some information on whats happening, a schedule, locations and can't find a thing apart from a plan of some stands at the Feria ground in Fuengirola. There's nothing specific on Harley Davidson's site or Fuengirola.org. Anyone know whats happening or can point me in the right direction?
BurroTaxi

Sadie
Resident

Postby Sadie » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:11 am

http://www.harley-davidson.com/ex/hog/t ... vent/evcal

My brother is a member and owner of Harley etc...find details of The Hog Europe Touring Ride at this link..type in Spain to get complete list including the hog rally part 21st - 24th June in Fuengirola.

mijas-lady
Resident

Postby mijas-lady » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:45 am

hi Thanks for the link but that means its next week not July :?

burrotaxi
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby burrotaxi » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:42 am

Yep, thats definately June so I for one am going to miss it!
BurroTaxi

Kahuna
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Kahuna » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:07 pm

Sorry Folks meant June not July!
Kahuna
=======

Fruity
Andalucia.com Amigo

Harley Rally

Postby Fruity » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:06 pm

Hi

I saw an article about the Harley Rally and contact details for it here http://www.premier-tools.com/harley-rally.php

I will not be in Spain for the event and will be sorry to miss it, supposed to be the biggest gathering of Harley Davidson since their 100th Anniversary in 2003, in Barcelona.

Enjoy and have a drink for me!

Fruity

claire4james
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby claire4james » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:23 pm

it has to be this weekend!

I have seen more Harley's up and down the Carretera this last 2 days than I have seen in my entire life!
from La Cala with love...........

claire4james
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby claire4james » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:45 pm

mijas-lady wrote:hi where in Fuengirola is this-oh having midlife crisis and into bikes big time :D
Funny, I was having a conversation only this morning with someone about this.....why when men of middle age buy a harley they are accused of having a midlife crisis!!

The result of our conv, was that its b******s! lol

The reason that so many harleys are owned by middleaged men is a number of simple reasons. They're expensive to buy, expensive to run and expensive to maintain (men of that age have accumulated a certain amount of wealth and start to spend it)....

Men of younger years that want bikes go for R1's Ducati's Kawasaki nijas etc, sportsbikes that give you a thrill but that you have to be a little "crazy" to ride (I know I had an R6) and once you reach a certain age you start to think of the risks of riding a machine capable of achieving 100mph in 4 or 5 secs that goes all the way to 170mph and weighs about the same as a lawnmower!!!

So essentially men grown up and make some money.....If they're into bikes a harley is a safe bet...Its a cool bike, you can achieve the wind in your hair and thrill that riding a bike of that size gives, without risking life and limb everytime you take it out!

The real midlife crisis guy on a Harley has a fit 22 yr old girlfriend on the back that he just ditched his miserable old wife for!!!!!!

Colinm
Resident

Postby Colinm » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:57 pm

claire4james wrote:The real midlife crisis guy on a Harley has a fit 22 yr old girlfriend on the back that he just ditched his miserable old wife for!!!!!!
.......and tonight, Mathew, I wanna be that guy :lol: :lol: :lol:

claire4james
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby claire4james » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:16 pm

I bet its not just you, best she has a dozen sisters!!!! (and at least 3 of them will be just for dealer!)

anyway on that note, I shall be signing off for a couple of weeks, as myself, Mrs A and the 2 little A's are off on our holidays!!!! Short visit to the UK before jetting off to a tropical paradise....oooooh I can't wait....

jennyshaw
Resident

Postby jennyshaw » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:19 pm

Kahuna,
Have you ever been to the rally that's in Calafell, Costa Blance/Dorada we went there a few years ago and have never seen so many Harleys before, one was so big he had to do a 3 point turn around a u bend.
Jenny

rymanskid
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby rymanskid » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:51 pm

Just to comfirm the Harley raily is being held on the Feria ground in Fuengirola today Fri 22 to Sun 24,cost for a 3day pass is 95€ but those with "Hogs" pay 70€ lots of stalls ,lots of bikes and lots of biker babes to look at, the parade is Sat at 11am a drive to Torreblanca back along the paseo and through the town to the feria ground again
Better flat broke in first class then hard up in second class

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:19 pm

seen loads of bikes today on the n340, but for 95€ i wont be going !! :shock: the vw (beetles) show at tarifa is only €25 including camping!!!

detourer
Resident

Postby detourer » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:01 am

'Morning Spanish_Lad

Well I went down there yesterday afternoon and left around 02.00....

Fantastic...although I suppose I am a touch biased being a Harley owner until a "total Loss" accident some years ago :cry: .

1000's and 1000's of bikes, great stalls and as usual a friendly and fun gathering. The whole town was buzzing [roaring] and the bars/rest outlets were having a bumper weekend. Not a moment went by without some "sight" passing or hovering......For me the stopper was the look on faces as two coaches of a German "Chapter" pulled up and off-loaded a mass of black leather........and the "Rolling Thunder" ride-out.........if you need to ask then as well you were not there :wink:

Harley once again put on a highly organized and great show. Roy Wood and a his ten piece band did a long set followed by a Burlesque [spelling?] who entertained while the stage was made ready for a band who's name I missed but should have been called the "ex's".......with a line-up of players from Foreigner, Small Faces, The Who, AI etc........I think more followed but I was K~######d..........

Perhaps not a night for the "stereo-phobics"...............

AND it was FREE!