Pareja Registrada

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Miro
Andalucia Guru

Pareja Registrada

Postby Miro » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:42 pm

Does anyone know what advantages (if any) there are for becoming a "pareja registrada" (also known, I think, as "pareja de hecho". Does it have any influence on things such as taxation, particularly inheritance tax? And how does one go about becoming registered? Do you just go to your local town hall and say "we want to get registered"?
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:18 am

We were told by our solicitor that within Andalucia you can register as an unmarried couple and this allows you to be treated as a married couple for tax purposes, inheritance tax included!! You need to go the local Ayuntamiento and tell them you wish to be registered on the padron as a family/couple and this acts as proof you are indeed living together as though man and wife (or as recognised partners if a homosexual relationship). We certainly had no problems doing that at our local town hall.

ian.wilson
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ian.wilson » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:15 am

Sounds very similar to a Convivencia, we got ours at the Town Hall. If you are not married it just means you are registered as a couple living together and have legal rights a such.

Cheers
Ian
Oh Yes! another day in paradise!

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:22 am

We did this to make sure we both had health cover. She is a UK pensioner so qualifies for health cover under an E121 form, and I was rapidly accepted for full cover as her dependant. Sorts us out for the time before I become a pensioner.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:54 pm

Thanks for the replies. I think it may be worth the little effort required then.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

Mariposa
Andalucia.com Amigo

pareja de hecho

Postby Mariposa » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:57 pm

Can anyone tell me if they had to get a special document from the consulate to confirm whether partners were single or divorced. I have my papers from 1980 but hope I don't have to find them....Good news re the health bit.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:48 pm

We were not asked for any documentation re single/divorced/married, merely some bills in both names at the same address, dated at least one year ago.
Comares ayuntamiento took 2 days (getting the mayor to sign it) and charged a massive 1€ !
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

jenna m
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jenna m » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:34 pm

Does having a U.K. Invalidity Pension entitle you to anything in Spain e.g. free prescriptions, travel etc.
Sorry if this is really off topic.
Jenna m