SCHOOLS IN ALHAURIN

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
waterlily
Andalucia.com Amigo

SCHOOLS IN ALHAURIN

Postby waterlily » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:26 am

Hi

Another word of advice please guys, can about the schools in Alhaurin. Friends have moved there and would like to know what schools would be more suitable for thier children. As thier eldest girl is 14 they would prefer a school that has a higher percentage of British children as they feel she would be happier in a more familiar environment. The same applies with thier youngest son, he is 9.
Any advice would be gratfully recieved.

Many thanks

Waterlily

waterlily
Andalucia.com Amigo

SCHOOLS

Postby waterlily » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:31 am

Looks like I may need to find one for me, judging by the missed words and awful spelling. Apologies!!!!!

lola2
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby lola2 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:58 am

http://www.juntadeandalucia.es/educacion
This is the andalucian government website all about education. You can do a search for schools in your area. It is mostly in Spanish so you will need someone to translate.

I am giving a couple of links below that will take you directly to some information, just click on the link.

http://www.juntadeandalucia.es/educacio ... l=alhaurin

If you click on the little magnifying glass it gives you information about the school including telephone no, address and email address.

http://www.juntadeandalucia.es/educacio ... ingles.pdf

This is a printable booklet in English which is a guide to the Andalucian Education System. Hope this helps.

I also have a forum www.manilvamums.com for mums and mums to be and there are a lot of postings on there about schools.
Is Dyslexia a problem for you? If so pm me.

waterlily
Andalucia.com Amigo

SCHOOLS

Postby waterlily » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:06 am

Thank you excellent information, however, if possible a real life view would be appreciated ie people with children already at the schools in Alhaurin el Grande and how their kids are getting on etc etc.

Thanks again though, have downloaded the booklet.

Waterlily

malaga ghirl

Postby malaga ghirl » Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:45 pm

My eldest son went to Felix Plaza primary for one year (we've since moved to Estepona) and it is considered to be the best primary i the town. It is an excellent school and we had no problems (though he went to guardaria in Alhaurin for 5 years and had a very good education anyway)

there has been probs in some schools in the area with brit kids not mixing in and developing cliques

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:02 pm

Well, that's exactly what many parents do so its not surprising that their little dears follow suit!