HELP - GONNA TAKE US TO COURT

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
blondie
Resident

HELP - GONNA TAKE US TO COURT

Postby blondie » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:22 am

Hi all

need some advice quickly! Our old landlord has decided to keep our bond, although we did advise him we were leaving, but verbally. He came round on the day we left to check, and casually dropped it in that he would not only keep our money but also want another month or he would press charges -we left the apartment 31st July and have been out a month, but he has wriotten the letter as if we still live there and must get out immediately.

He has dropped of a certified letter to my girlfriend in her work that he will take us to court unless we pay another months rent!!

We were good tenants, always paid on time, and never caused problems, and left the flat clean and spanking, and now this, what can we do? Or should I not worry, someone said that unless you get 3 denuncias in a set period they dont do anything anyway????

blondie
Resident

Postby blondie » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:23 pm

I forgot to mention, the contract is only in my name, not my girlfriends, plus he has delivered the letter to her, so in theory could I say I never recieved it?

Gin Monster
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Gin Monster » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:29 pm

Take you to court for what exactly? Have you defaulted on payment, damaged contents etc? If not, then I would be tempted to treat the "threat" with the contempt it deserves.

Not sure about your bond...you may have to seek some legal advice about that, but its very important to document anything and everything "just in case"...and retain that letter.

blondie
Resident

Postby blondie » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:03 pm

Exactly! I have taken pics of apartment, all is in order, any idea about the bond?

Marina
Resident

Postby Marina » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:20 pm

Blondie, You really need alawyer to sort this out. I would imagine he would write a letter asking for the return of your bond or the reasons why itis being witheld. You can then proceed from there.

disco_stu
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby disco_stu » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:18 pm

send some "chaps" around. Its the only thing these kind of people understand.