Another ripoff

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
blondie
Resident

Another ripoff

Postby blondie » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:14 am

After my little escapade with the fine, I come back this morning from the Patronato to find my water has been cut off.

The LLave de paso, not sure what it is in english, has been tied up with a little letter on it saying water cut off, plus my neighbour has a hand written letter on a scrap of paper from someone claiming to be Agaugest´s plumber, saying that that they have to reinstall the llave with something called llave de paso con valvula de retencion and something else I cannot even read due to his handwriting, plus hos phone number.

Called him, and said I (again) have never recieved any notice of this, and how do I even know who he is!!? He said letters have been sent, and he was actually supposed to just take away the meter completely today instead of just tying it up. Plus it will cost me 130 euros plus I have to get someone in to repair the mess he will make to do it!

I cannot believe this countr at times :x

swerve
Resident

Postby swerve » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:25 pm

By your not having much luck pet hope you get everything sorted out though.
It always seems imposible until its done. Nelson Mandela

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:28 pm

Have you checked with Aguagest that this person is genuine?

blondie
Resident

Postby blondie » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:36 pm

Well that is what I need to do tomorrow. I have already told him i´m going to take off the piece of string he has tied around the water mains tap, and he said well if you do don´t tell them that or they will just fine you or take away the meter straight away. I need to go tomorrow to dfind out why I have never recieved any letters with regards to this as well.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:06 pm

I have never needed to put it to the test but I have always understood that it is now illegal for any water authority to cut off the water supply even for unpaid bills.

blondie
Resident

Postby blondie » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:36 pm

Well well well,

a friend of mine has just rung this guy pretending to be my lawyer and has put the fear of god into this guy.

Turns out he is self employed and , although some valves apparently need to be fitted, it seems to be that to try and earn himself a few bob, he has gone and closed my water off with the threat that it needs to be done asap and that he can do it "on the cheap" for me.

I am now taking the note he has given me to aguagest tomorrow to denounce him, I think he was very shaken up by recieving a call from my "lawyer" friend ha ha ha.

Len S
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Len S » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:51 pm

Situations such as these prove that it is not all that bad in good old Blighty!

No doubt my comments will enlist a vitrolic response from the many/few?rose coloured glasses wearers domiciled in Spain.

blondie
Resident

Postby blondie » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:16 pm

You are right Len, sometimes I wish I could get the good old Brit customer service over here, but thats about it for me , you can keep the rest! :wink:

Valencia_Paul
Resident

Postby Valencia_Paul » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:18 pm

Len S wrote:Situations such as these prove that it is not all that bad in good old Blighty!

No doubt my comments will enlist a vitrolic response from the many/few?rose coloured glasses wearers domiciled in Spain.
Quite a few people, myself included, would agree with you.

detourer
Resident

Postby detourer » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:26 pm

......"Not all bad in good old Blighty". Quite right, but......

On the other hand I was thinking what my water rates were in the UK compared to here :?

Go to the grave in an attractive and well preserved body? Rather skid in sideways, women on each arm, champagne and credit card in each hand, body thoroughly used, abused, totally worn out and screaming …."WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE"