Coin Sunday Market

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
blondie
Resident

Coin Sunday Market

Postby blondie » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:19 pm

Does anybody know if this market has resumed now?

Thanks

avellana
Resident

Postby avellana » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:12 pm

It hasn't resumed yet.
There's some information about the future in the General section under 'Wednesday morning market'
Here's the link
http://www.andalucia.com/forums/viewtopic-t12917.htm

julian
Andalucia Guru

market

Postby julian » Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:42 pm

having to look for info on the sunday market in the "wednesday morning market" section is one of those wondeful little things that still makes every day here such an exciting challenge even after 20 years...... "Spain is different".

keddyboy
Resident

Postby keddyboy » Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:45 pm

I am glad you are all excited about looking up 'Wednesday Market'. Do not get too excited because it is cra..y to say the least. Its a con by the buuilding managers to get buyers into their shops. I dont think the Sunday Market was we knew it will resume, more is the pity.
Keddyboy
Never do today what you can leave until tomorrow.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:27 pm

I don't understand the British love affair with markets. They all seem the same to me in every country. Second hand books are fine but the rest bore me to tears.

julian
Andalucia Guru

markets

Postby julian » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:56 pm

maybe it´s a class thing katy

jennyshaw
Resident

Postby jennyshaw » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:59 pm

But don't we all love a bargain.
Jenny

mijasmagic
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby mijasmagic » Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:00 pm

[quote="keddyboy"]I am glad you are all excited about looking up 'Wednesday Market'. Do not get too excited because it is cra..y to say the least. Its a con by the buuilding managers to get buyers into their shops. I dont think the Sunday Market was we knew it will resume, more is the pity.[/quote]

Hi. I was one of the market stall holders on the first Wednesday, although I have no connection with the market´s organisers. I couldn´t make the the following one but will be there this week. I sell jewellery mannequins, hanging metal animals and pictures of entertainment icons such as Audrey Hepburn, Jim Morrison, Marilyn Monroe and Elvis Presley. I note you previously called the goods on sale "absolute c**p" but I suppose this is a matter of personal choice. The stalls either side of me were selling handmade glass jewellery (similar to Venetian Murano) and childrens clothes. I also saw a comprehensive electrical appliance stall, plant stall, "sayings" plaques, mirrors, garden ornaments and ornamental cakes for all occasions, to name but a few.
Yes, the number of stalls was down compared to the Sunday morning markets, but that was the first week, so I expect next week´s to be larger.
The point is that these 3 Wednesdays are being monitored as a trial to demonstrate to the traders in the La Trocha centre that the market does not affect its takings. If this is the case with the market literally on the shops´ doorsteps (the stalls are situated along the middle of the main concourse) then the strong argument is that the Sunday market (when the shops are closed) will have little or no effect either. The intent is to return to Sunday trading once the shops´ figures have been analysed. The market administrator has posted here before, so keep a lookout for further information.

blondie
Resident

Postby blondie » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:06 pm

Thanks for the info guys. Never realised that a sunday market could cause such commotion, only on andalucia.com 8)