Line Instalation and Number Transfer

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
petert74
Andalucia.com Amigo

Line Instalation and Number Transfer

Postby petert74 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:28 pm

My family and I are moving to a new house and would like to take our number with us.

The new house is in a different area and unfortunately the rental house we are moving into (tempory house until our house purchase goes through) does not have a land line.

So I need telefonica to instal and line and transfer our old number.

Am I expecting the impossible??? We need a land line as have a young family and need more than just mobiles.

Ive never had any luck with Telefonica as they seem to so what they like when they like and charge us for it.

Has anyone had any experience of this situation and can give me any advise on how to over come this issue.

Any help would be gratefully received.

P

daisylulu

Postby daisylulu » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:30 pm

HI,

We recently moved house and transfered our number to the new house (which is a rental) there was no line here but I simply telephoned telefonica about 4 weeks before the move and after 2 weeks they called me to say that they were going to do it that day!! The owner of the new house let them in and it was all transfered for us....just meant we were without the phone or internet for a couple of weeks until the move. Oh and we did only move house in the same village which I guess made things easier :D

Good luck :D

Deborah
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Deborah » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:21 pm

I too have transfered my number in the past succesfully. However, when I moved office I could not take the number with me as it was to a different area. Although only about 3km away they could not tranfer the number.

Busymum
Resident

Postby Busymum » Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:26 pm

Hi!

Yeah, you can only keep the same number if you move within the same Telefonica 'exchange' area .... well that's what Telefonica told me!

"WE LOVE YOU TELEFONICA!!!" :twisted:

Busymum