What a wonderful November day

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Don

What a wonderful November day

Postby Don » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:27 pm

OK, so rain and storms are forecast for the week ahead but today has been incredible with really warm sun, almost cloudless skies and hardly a breath of wind. A big group of storks circling at one point of the afternoon followed by waves of Griffon Vultures all seemingly making a passage towards the Aracena hills. We sat in the garden and reminded ourselves that we are just past mid-November. Air temp is down to 17 C so the logs are burning but today was a good day in this part of Andalucia.

Kmoppz
Resident

Postby Kmoppz » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:08 pm

only 5 C here, cold wet and windy... But hey I'll be in Spain by the weekend!

laclotte
Resident

Postby laclotte » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:25 pm

Didn't get over freezing point all day here today in Switzerland ........brrrr. Sunny and dry now but very cold. Huge amounts of snow last week in central and eastern CH. Most major slopes opened this weekend, unusual for mid November. :?
- You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note -

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Postby karandjon » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:28 pm

i agree Don, has been gorgeous today. our air temp read 20degs here. still not had the need for the woodburner...yet.
vino, sol y aire, y seras rico como nadie

stellastaff
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby stellastaff » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:57 pm

Kmoppz wrote:only 5 C here, cold wet and windy... But hey I'll be in Spain by the weekend!
WOOHOO! Me too!! :lol:

But...oh...it's gonna rain!! :cry:
Donna

Sandramay
Resident

Postby Sandramay » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:02 pm

Stay where you are Karen.......... it's snowing and white over here. Brrrrrrrrr, still, it's a good excuse for a whisky Mac :lol:
PS how's the foot, better I hope?
Sandramay

Don

Postby Don » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:05 pm

5 degrees, rain, snow .....
Not in Andaucia :)
I think we do get down to 5 degrees sometime in the next couple of months and we want and need some rain but snow ? :shock: It is 51 yrs since snow was last seen to fall in Sevilla. Needless to say it didnt last.

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Postby karandjon » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:20 pm

bbbrrrr sandra!!! i´m not risking the UK trip next weekend. will be staying here in the warm. sleeping better now tablets have kicked in. will email you more in the week. will be getting the ginger wine from Aldi in the morning to make the whiskey mac. :lol: will be needing it over next few days if our forecast is anything to go by.. :lol: :lol:

Don - when we lived over in Costa Tropical, we had snow on the beach a few years back....the first time in over 80years apparently. It was lovely but only lasted a day!!!

JAWG
Resident

Postby JAWG » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:01 pm

Well, here it was -5C when I got up this morning. It is now 1C. It is 5:00 pm here. In Malaga at 11:00 pm it is 12C.
It is going down to -7C tonight, with a high of 3C tomorrow. But by Thursday it will be a high of 12 before heading back to a high of 0C on Saturday (low -6C).
I much prefer your Temp.
John G
Ottawa, ON, Canada

Sadie
Resident

Postby Sadie » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:01 am

I agree glorious here for mid november, dreading going back to Scotland for Christmas better pack my fleeces brrrr.

keddyboy
Resident

Postby keddyboy » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:24 am

Did sponsered walk along Fuengirola seafront for PADS yesterday. Gloriously sunny day, outside tempreature about 26, foot tempreature in the 'high' 90s!! We raised almost €5000.
Keddyboy
Never do today what you can leave until tomorrow.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:08 pm

Nice today too :D Just been walking the dogs on the beach, calm sea, no wind. Stayed until dark (6.35) although sea still a silver strip under the red. Bottle of wine uncorked...lifes a peach 8)

Don

Postby Don » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:31 pm

Make the best of it Katy. We now have a bit of wind today and stormy rain forecast for next few days.

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Postby karandjon » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:06 pm

well, we waited for the bad weather today... but it never came....and whats happening this evening? by now its usually 12/13 degs outside and its 20degs here!! not complaining, its lovely...but is it the calm before the storm??? :lol:

Don

Postby Don » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:05 pm

Well it has arrived here and with avengeance. Trees bent double and some "very heavy" drizzle :roll:

Sadie
Resident

Postby Sadie » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:59 pm

Heavy rain in Nerja this afternoon.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:06 pm

Yep... lovely drop of rain at last. This will make the weeds grow :cry: Just hope our track isn't washed away ... it's all or nothing here with the weather, but the sunny days we've just had were glorious :D

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:18 pm

Don, I saw sevilla on TV this morning, looked bad, lots of flooding. They said there was a 40K tailback into the city at one point!

Don

Postby Don » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:26 pm

Well the heavy drizzle got a bit heavier and we just got home through places on and off the highway up to 6 inches deep. Doesnt sound a lot but when that 6 inches is flowing across the road or down the road towards you, it has indeed been raining. Even our urb road is deep enough to hide the speed bumps. Didnt see too much flooding early this morning Katy but must have gotten bad by mid-morning. Coming home was a whole different story and it is due to continue another day. Our pool has gone up by a good 8 cms in the past 12 hours and many fields now small lakes.

Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:33 pm

Do they catch any of this rain over there or steer it towards resevoirs? :?

When we were there in April it poured down most days, and likewise in September. In fact it rained so hard and constant in September the local papers were saying "6 months worth" of rain fell...............so what's happened to it?

Kenny