craft shops

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
cc2000
Tourist

craft shops

Postby cc2000 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:40 pm

Does anyone know where I can find a shop selling craft stuff ie paper?card, stickers, glue, beads, double sided sticky tape and 3D foam, all in one place and east of Malaga if possible?

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:57 pm

Hi,
I don't know of any shops in this area, but to be honest I think you would probably do better on ebay, absolutely loads of card making etc. items listed on the crafts section.....I have seen a few 'bit and pieces' in the bazaars, the Chinese owned shops seem to have more selection, and some of the 'farmers market' type events have some stalls selling some of your required items...Hope that this helps !

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:03 pm

Hi-there is card making shop in Gibraltar that sells all of the above items that you mentioned,I think it may be a little far tho.
Ebay would certainly be your best bet... :D

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:12 pm

my mum makes hand made cards etc to sell at the markets and fairs, she has alot of stock, but she seems to get most of it from the uk, and only the odd bits and bobs come from markets / todo shops etc

keddyboy
Resident

Postby keddyboy » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:44 am

Try Cortes Inglese in Malaga, they sell almost anything you can think of.
Keddyboy
Never do today what you can leave until tomorrow.

lola2
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby lola2 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:45 pm

They sell all those kind of things in the Papeleria´s which are dotted about all over the place. I have just bought some this morning. A book of coloured card and a book full of all different papers, shiny etc. There are 3 or 4 of these shops in Sabinillas so there must be some in your area.
Is Dyslexia a problem for you? If so pm me.

eveyon
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby eveyon » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:16 pm

There is ashop in Salobrena that sells some of the card making stuff but dont know about the beads and things
It is at the back of the local Police Station

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:25 pm

cc2000 have you seen the new Chinese bazaar that has opened on Torrox Costa opposite Laguna Beach urb? It's a much bigger one than I've seen here before and seems to have a big choice of goods?

Having just posted this, I then read on Sky that the Chinese are continuing to sell cat and dog fur in the EU and the animals are often skinned alive :cry: :cry: so I would not recommend Chinese shops after all. They had fur jackets in the shop when I was there today and wondered what sort it was :shock:

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:41 am

Hi cc2000.
Do you have an ebay account /paypal set up?
If you do,the only thing i can do to help you-is -if you give me a list of what you want...i will go into Gib and buy them for you...do a special listing on ebay for the items...and you can either put the money into my spanish bankpaypal(if you have it)...or pay however suits you...
I wouldnt charge you anymore than what it cost for the items(reciept will be put in)just some extra for the postage.

Or if you didnt have an ebay account,i could always buy the items, take a picture of them.etc etc...however this would have to be based on trust,as i would have to purchase the items myself,and hope that you go through with the transaction.
I know what its like to want something here and not be able to get hold of it,its not nice. :cry:
Ebay has opened up a whole new world for me in Spain(even tho gib is close by-still cant get what i want)
I buy craft items from philapenes(not spelt right i know),and mostly USA.
half the price of UK..-perhaps if you didnt want to do as i have offered,you really should think about opening up an ebay account...if you havnt already.
:wink: :wink: :wink:

laclotte
Resident

Postby laclotte » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:52 am

I'm also using ebay a lot at the moment. Buying in the USA is really good value with the exchange rates EUR/USA. Much more than covers the costs of postage / insurance and a totally different and interesting assortment of goods. :wink: :wink:
- You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note -

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:09 am

I also find the USA sellers much more friendly and postage is very reasonable compared to the UK sellers...
My seller in the philapenes is fantastic,always ships via fed ex,and i make a considerable amount of money from the items that are purchased from her.I nearly always double my money when i sell
I enjoy being a seller,the only hassle i dont like is,i find the postage charges here in spain really expensive ...to ship an item weighing 148g costs €6.01-thats registered with tracking....(then i can keep track of it,and also let the buyer know when its arriving.)I had a couple of items go adrift when i first started,and i refunded the buyers(its not their fault is it),and so i decided to track everything over a certain price-which seems to have solved the problem.. :wink:

laclotte
Resident

Postby laclotte » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:34 am

I only buy on ebay....never thought of selling anything there :wink: . Maybe I should start with my shoes and you can buy the lot :lol: :lol:

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:39 am

wow...thats a fab idea.....what size are you???.......na...dont worry about the size...i·ll have em anyway..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

laclotte
Resident

Postby laclotte » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:44 am

:wink: :wink:

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:44 am

Ebay is a great source for everything, I have bought and sold to most countries around the world, not really had that many problems....
It is also good for checking out what is available and gives a good indication of what you should expect to pay....
Crafts seem to be reviving again, great to see so many people interested in making their own gifts etc, instead of buying ready-made items...

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:57 am

I have to have a hobby,my computer room is bursting to the brim with all the "tat"as my husband calls it...

America has some wonderful"different"items ,i find the USA people more friendlier than any others i have dealt with.I much prefer buying to selling,(waiting for the mail to come flooding in :lol: )..
when i sell,i worry until the item is recieved safely.but i just love ebay..has become a lifesaver living out in spain,as you can buy everything and anything from everywhere in the world.Hubby likes to purchase the indian curry mixes,they are fantastic.
Ive always been impressed with the quality of items i have recieved.I am weary of people with less than 98% feedback and tend to avoid those ones...but i do always look to see the feedback comments,as sometimes negative comments are put for stupid reasons...all in all :D ,i would 100% recommend ebay and paypal for everything.. :wink:

cc2000
Tourist

craft shops

Postby cc2000 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:29 pm

Thanks for all your suggestions, they're really helpful. There's nothing specific at the moment that I need, except 3D sticky foam that my Mum is bringing me next week, but if I need anything Princess P I may well take you up on your very kind offer. I'll try and find the Chinese shop in Torrox as well - any excuse to go near the German bakery and their yummy doughnuts!

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:36 pm

No problems,just get in touch via pm-i will get you whatever you need.no problems...
ps-while your passing couldnt get me something nice from the german bakery.....mmmmm :wink:

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: craft shops

Postby Wicksey » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:40 pm

cc2000 wrote: any excuse to go near the German bakery and their yummy doughnuts!
mmmmmm ..... sounds good ..... which German bakery is that then :lol:

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:42 pm

i didnt know there were any german bakeries in Spain..does anyone know where you can buy currywurst sauce from....i neeeeed some!
I normally use tomato sauce and curry powder...its good,but not as good as proper german stuff! :wink: