Social Security Card

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
DollyP
Tourist

Social Security Card

Postby DollyP » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:46 pm

Can anyone please tell me if these apply only to adults or do children need one as well to register with a doctor, receive treatment etc? :?

Lisa B
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Lisa B » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:30 pm

It applies to children as well, if you go to your doctor with your card, your childs passport and birth certificate they will register your child there also. We have a business here and our asesoria ( accountant ) sorted out our families residencia here and applied for seperate SS cards for our 2 children as well. A childs SS card is green rather than red.

DollyP
Tourist

Postby DollyP » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:04 pm

Thanks for your reply Lisa B. Do you (or anyone else) know if we can apply for this ourselves (if so where) or does it have to be done by Gestor/Asesoria etc?

pilgrim
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pilgrim » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:06 pm

Our childrens cards are red the same as ours. You can do it yourself at the Doctors or at the SS office, though we had a Gestor do ours.

costachick
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby costachick » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:43 pm

I think they are all Green now.
I had my wallet stolen with the red ones in (1 adult and 2 child's) and got replacement cards before Christmas and all 3 were Green.