Where can I pay wealth tax myself?

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
mikehoward
Tourist

Where can I pay wealth tax myself?

Postby mikehoward » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:20 am

Hi,

I'd like to pay my wealth tax myself thus avoiding a 220 Euro charge from my lawyer.

I know how much I need to pay but am not sure of where to go or how to do this?

Can I pay direct into a bank account? Do I need to visit the tax office in Torremolinos?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:41 am

Once you have completed the forms you can take them to any bank for payment. If you wish to pay directly from your bank account you must go to your own bank.

You must stick the labels in the space provided.

The bank should then put the top copy in the envelope and send it to AEAT through their own internal mailing system not give it back to you, give you the blue copy for your records and keep the yellow one for their internal accounting purposes.

Don't forget, that for husband and wife or other co-owners a separate form is required in respect of each of them.

You will only need to visit the office in Torremolinos if your NIE number is not registered with them. They will not accept payment.

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:26 pm

Sorry Mike I can't resist this, but, if you need to pay "wealth tax" do you really need to worry about 220 euros for a gestor/solicitor, it's only a couple of nights out really, isn't it or a months mobile phone bill
Ah! the full english!!

palmtrees
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby palmtrees » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:53 pm

Mike

You need to get your forms from your local tax office. Your well-paid gestor will probably have lots of labels in your name, but may not be willing to give them to you. So you will need to go to the tax office and get your own. The lables are essential to stick on the form.

Do you have the copies of the previous forms? If so take those to the tax office and ask for the labels. If not, take your NIE number, and ask for the labels. Either way, it is easy.

I did mine last month, arrived in town before the tax office opened, sat around. had a coffee, paid a couple of other bills, and then filled in the form and paid in the bank by about 9.20am

I would avoid 220€ too. In fact I would come to Torremolinos and do it for you for half the price. I consider that a VERY good rate of pay.

We don't all choose to spend our money on a gestor for that, or on a night out. FFS that is at least two weeks living money for people in the real world.

PM or post if you want any more info. It is VERY easy.

palmtrees
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby palmtrees » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:53 pm

Forgot to say, the form costs 50 cents.

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:32 pm

[quote="palmtrees"]Mike

ld avoid 220€ too. In fact I would come to Torremolinos and do it good FFS that is at least two weeks living money for people in the real world.

Jesuis Christ, where do you live, I live in the real world, work long hard hours, but I couldn't live for three days on that, seriously what do you eat and how do you pay your bills :roll:
Ah! the full english!!

Beryl1914
Andalucia.com Amigo

Wealth Tax

Postby Beryl1914 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:36 pm

I would like to do my own but my solicitor has done it for four years and I don't know the figures he uses so would not know how to fill it in

GRANVILLE
Andalucia.com Amigo
Location: Rio Burmuza, Canillias de Aceituna near Velez Malaga

Postby GRANVILLE » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:45 pm

I have been told that you pay the wealth tax once you have had your house a year . Is this true ?

concorde
Resident

Postby concorde » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:58 pm

It's nice to know that people are actually taking notice of paying taxes.

If you think of the U.K., if you have a holiday/second home now you have to pay at least 90% of your annual council tax, yet for some reason either through ignorance/innocence, some holiday home owners think there are no taxes payable in Spain.

Even our agent told me that as we pay taxes in the U.K. we do not need to pay them in Spain , but I knew from browsing other forums she was wrong.

It was quite straightforward, for us anyway as we only had a holiday home and do not rent it out, even though the Spanish tax-man doesn't believe that and so takes a small portion of taxes anyway.

If you have had it done by a gestor/solicitor before you will have all the relevant info in hand from last year, surely that makes it easier?

I would much rather use the money saved, on another flight/visit thank you :lol:
I'm always disappointed when a liar's pants don't actually catch on fire.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:12 am

You pay the wealth tax and income tax during the year after that in which it becomes due.

So, if you bought a property in 2007 you have to declare for last year's tax by the end of this year. You declare the income tax content pro-rata to the number of months you owned the property in 2007.

GRANVILLE
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby GRANVILLE » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:59 pm

Does enyone know where the tax office is for the Vinuela area. Velez malaga ? If so where abouts ?
Thanks for any help.

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:26 pm

My gestor charges a pittance for things like this....not sure why you are being quoted such a high amount? They charge so little I wonder how they make ends meet........

concorde
Resident

Postby concorde » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:02 pm

Ive never even asked how much I would be charged but have seen quite high quotes on this and other forums.

With the advice of beachcomber and others on this forum and a downloaded crib sheet from another I managed to work it out and then the tax office was very helpful in spite of others warnings.

I also realise others may not have the time or inclination to do this but for me it was very satisfying to do something myself, and will have a go at my tax here in the U.K, next year. Again we have used an accountant in the past because of various reasons but that is no longer necessary and will put that money to better use.

If you have a copy from a previous year done by a gestor, if your circumstances haven't changed it should be relatively easy to do your own.

Plus, just type in Property/Wealth tax on the forums search and there will be a wealth of info from past enquiries.
I'm always disappointed when a liar's pants don't actually catch on fire.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:27 pm

Granville, the tax office (Hacienda) for the Velez-Malaga area, which includes La Vinuela, is in the centre of Velez. If you go up the road at the side of the Ayuntiamento, the Hacienda office is about 100 metres up on the left hand side.

Up until now my lawyers based in Nerja have prepared my annual non resident and wealth tax returns, for a fee of 90€ per year (220€ seems extortionate to me) but as this will be the first year I will have to submit a tax return as a resident I think I will have a go at doing it myself. I know there is a facility to complete and submit tax returns online via my bank's website (Banco Popular) so I may try that route first.

GRANVILLE
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby GRANVILLE » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:43 am

Thanks FREE AT LAST (great name) I know where you mean. I am going to have a go at doing the tax myself just for the satisfaction and as a true Yorkshire man i have short arms and deep pockets. Tight in other words. I don't want to pay somebody for something i can do. Thanks again.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:00 pm

It really is fairly straightforward but don't forget:

You can only use form 214 if you own one property.

One form for each person named on the escritura.

Income tax base (renta) is 1,1% or 2,0% of the valor catstral depending on the date of the last revision.

The applicable rate of tax is now 24% not 25% as it still says on the instructions for the form 214.

For patrimonio (wealth tax) you must use the highest value so if your valor catastral overtakes your escritura value you must use that.

WCAUSE
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby WCAUSE » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:15 pm

Just another reason for us to rent as long as possibel.. 8)