Gibraltar Border Friday 7th March

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
safeashouses
Resident

Gibraltar Border Friday 7th March

Postby safeashouses » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:54 pm

I hope this information isn't too late for some. I have just read on another forum that there is going to be a demonstration on the Spanish side of the border this evening between 6pm and 8pm. This will probably effect anyone trying to get on or off the rock tonight.

costapacket
Resident

Postby costapacket » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:08 pm

What's the demonstration about?

safeashouses
Resident

Postby safeashouses » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:21 pm

Copied & pasted from the Manilvalife forum:-

The demonstration is regarding benefits - or lack of them - to the Spanish frontier workers. The demonstrators are meeting in Plaza de Constitution at 6.30pm (the main square in La Linea with the church), from where they will walk to the frontier. They will then be standing at the 'spanish worker with the bicycle statue' for the demonstration. I don't think they will reach the border any time before 7pm, and they will not be allowed to block it or cause any problems for people crossing. I think the police are probably going to cause more problems by alarming people of this demonstration, which has been advertised in Spain for about 2 weeks now.

costapacket
Resident

Postby costapacket » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:10 pm

Tell them to come to the UK. They'll get loads of benefits and if they commit a crime here we give them £3,000 to go home. :lol: