official at last

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
julian
Andalucia Guru

official at last

Postby julian » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:35 pm

well, the eternal discussion on the forum can finally be put to sleep, it´s official at last, the SUR shows the results of the Junta´s investigations and show that the place in andalucia with the best quality of life is...drum roll....wait for it...yes, Marbella.
after all our posts about coast vs.inland, west vs east etc we can move on to other subjects of equal importance.
(my personal opinion does not neccessarily match the results of the investigation, personally i think that quality of life is an internal thing, and no two people will have the same opinion of the same place.no particular country is better than another, and no one town or village is better than another, it´s up to us each individual whether he or she is happier in one place or another.
interestingly though is that the place that came out worst in the chart in the SUR is Cartama, which possibly explains why this forum´s own Mrs.Mildrew is not such a happy bunny !!!!

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:47 pm

Well I would not want to change my location and view for anywhere else. This is our 4th move since living her permantly and (if) I move it would not be anywhere else in spain. Not saying there aren't other places I like to weekend but for me this is as good as it gets in spain...for now!

Paula
Andalucia Guru

Postby Paula » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:51 pm

I'm in agreement with that too :)

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:21 pm

Any chance of a, link to that article, interested to know the other places as Andalucia is more than the Costa del Sol....................

julian
Andalucia Guru

sur

Postby julian » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:27 pm

http://www.diariosur.es/20080419/marbel ... 80419.html the printed version had more details, but here is the on-line version

scarlet
Resident

Postby scarlet » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:36 pm

JULIAN. must have missed the word cartama, couldnt see it, alhaurin and coin are next door, you must be confused.

julian
Andalucia Guru

read again

Postby julian » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:40 pm

CARTAMA is in the chart in the printed, paper version of todays spanish sur, as i said, the printed version has more information than the on-line version.

scarlet
Resident

Postby scarlet » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:09 pm

Cartama is horrible and deserves to be there, but I do feel a little sorry for cartama, it isnt a tourist resort, so cant really be compared to coastal areas. also has big changes ahead, and land prices are now higher than alhaurin. commuter belt town from malaga.

Angie P
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Angie P » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:37 pm

As Julian first said though Scarlet, it is about an individuals take on a place. I actually dont mind it here!

scarlet
Resident

Postby scarlet » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:50 pm

ANGIE P.. how long have you been here, and there are plenty more with similar experiences.
what is it with people on here, just because similar may not have happened to them, then it dosent exist, lets hope it never does. and it also depends what you are used to .

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:57 pm

I don't think anybody is saying problems don't exist.
You, obviously have problems.
Not everybody has, or have had or hopefully will have problems that really matter.

Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

scarlet
Resident

Postby scarlet » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:16 pm

GERRY H. Cor blimey. you are doing it now, I never said everybody has problems, we dont have problems here anymore, not everyone who hates spain has problems, they just do not like it anymore for various reasons,
and have become bored with living here and want to move on.
There are people who like it and many many who dont. I am just stating what I hear and see. I have been here long enough to have seen the changes and experienced lots of good and bad things. being treated like a 2nd class citizen is not something I am prepared to put up with any more. thats my choice.

julian
Andalucia Guru

leaving

Postby julian » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:18 pm

so you really are leaving us then??

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:28 pm

Scarlet won't be leaving for a long time if the property market is as dire as it seems :)

scarlet
Resident

Postby scarlet » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:43 pm

I dont want to leave our houses empty or rent them out. so until the property market comes back, I shall have to stay, plenty of travelling could do the trick. until them julian sorry I am here to stay a little longer.
we have a house in israel , my son is going there soon, might go there, but we have 4 dogs so cant really leave them too long.
but if I do go for a few weeks, I WILL BE BACK....

julian
Andalucia Guru

israel

Postby julian » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:51 pm

i sincerely hope the locals in Israel treat you as you deserve.

maddy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby maddy » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:51 pm

Please dont take this the wrong way scarlet, but i am intrigued as to what you get out of this forum?
Does it help you, being able to release your frustrations on here, does it help in that you can relate to a few others (albeit minority)on here?
I truly am interested as i don´t like to think of someone as unhappy as you seem to be, getting more and more worked up over something that unfortunately may not change in the forseeable future.
In the meantime, i do hope things get better for you, sincerely.

scarlet
Resident

Postby scarlet » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:10 pm

maddy. I find it very interesting reading and puzzling over strange people like yourself, posting my opinion, and my experience of living here, unfortunatly there are a few who feel the need to have many names, which interests me, it must be like talking to yourself, many take this forum very seriously, I am not one them. some people find if they attack people they come across as important and clever, like yourself again.
This is a first for me, being on a forum, and dont come on here to get anything out of it, hardly. I get enough from my personal life and family thanks very much for asking though...... :roll:

scarlet
Resident

Postby scarlet » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:11 pm

JULIAN. definately not a place for you thats for sure.

annie_d
Resident

Postby annie_d » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:19 pm

..I don't know why I am bothering but......... You do seem to spend an inordinate amount of time complaining/finding fault/attacking on here though scarlet, don't you? I have wondered why you behave in this way. Could you/would you enlighten me?
anyway, anyway, love from me.