Isn't it annoying?????

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
keddyboy
Resident

Isn't it annoying?????

Postby keddyboy » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:35 am

The other week I was watching a programme on the TV about a couple of guys who bought a bar in Iznajar. I heard it was a beautiful part of Spain so we decided to go up there and find this bar and have a drink there.
It took us about 11/2 hrs to get there and guess what it was shut. Not just shut shut but looked permanently shut. I must be honest I thought the village itself was rather dissappointing and not what I expected as depicted on the programme. However the lake, camping and canoeing area was spectacular and made the visit worthwhile.
We have in the past also been to the house just north of Malaga featured on Grand Designs and have spoken with the people concerned.
Any of you out there done this sort of thing and to what end???
Keddyboy
Never do today what you can leave until tomorrow.

lyndajo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby lyndajo » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:59 pm

We rented n Iznajar for a couple of months before we bought this house, and met the 2 guys you mention. The programme was filmed in 2006 I think. A really nice couple but I do believe the bar is closed now and they are no longer there.

metalmonkey
Resident

Postby metalmonkey » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:03 pm

Hi I live in Iznajar and the guys have moved I think to the coast, the bar was very small and I really don't know how anyone could make a living out of it. Iznajar is beautiful especially the lake,(very low at the moment) church and the patio near to the church but to be honest you do have to know where to look for the little gems, dead as a door nail during siesta but first thing in the morning and late afternoon lively, great cafe near to the ayuntamiento...fab beach bar especially great in good weather...sorry you didn't get to see the best of it.I talked to the guys who owned the bar and they said the TV prog was an almighty pain...wanting them to pretend that they had problems with finances to add a bit of drama! and wanting access to the 24/7 when they were fliming but then again if they had good publicity and folks wanted to visit I guess it would have been worth it

cheerio
If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room

frog
Resident

Postby frog » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:32 pm

i met these 2 guys last year when they were hanging around fuengirola port,they noticed one of my fliers about buying 2nd hand catering equipment,took one look at me and said i couldnt afford their lovely hardly used tapas fridge and furniture
talk about stuck up your *beep* or was that someone elses?
jayne countys most famous song,google it