FOR ALL DOG LOVERS AND HUMANE PEOPLE

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Jool
Andalucia Guru

FOR ALL DOG LOVERS AND HUMANE PEOPLE

Postby Jool » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:31 pm

I apologise if this upsets some people but it needs to be stopped...there were images on the original post but they are just too distressing, seeing this poor dog tied up on a short lead in a gallery surrounded by people looking at it yet slowly and visibly starving to death until it died in the name of "art" Another one is planned now........

THIS WILL TAKE A MINUTE OF YOUR TIME AND WILL SAVE A CREATURE – AND HOPEFULLY REMOVE THIS SO-CALLED "ARTIST"!!!

Hi all,
this is a very serious matter...

In 2007, the 'artist' Guillermo Vargas Habacuc, took a dog from the street, he tied him to a rope in an art gallery, starving him to death.

For several days, the 'artist' and the visitors of the exhibition have watched emotionless the shameful 'masterpiece' based on the dog's agony, until eventually he died.

Does it look like art to you?

But this is not all ... the prestigious Visual Arts Biennial of the Central American decided that the 'installation' was actually art, so that Guillermo Vargas Habacuc has been invited to repeat his cruel action for the biennial of 2008.

Let's STOP HIM!!!!!

Click on the following link :

http://www.petitiononline.com/ea6gk/petition-sign.html

or

http://www.petitiononline.com/13031953/petition.html or just copy it in your browser to sign a petion to stop him to do it again, then digit the name Guillermo Vargas Habacuc to find the petition to sign.

Please do it.

It's free of charge and it will only take 1 minute to save the life of an innocent creature.

Please also send this e-mail to as many contacts as you can... Let's stop him!!!

If you want to double check all the above informations you can google the name of the 'artist' to see all I have just said corresponds to truth.

Thank you

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:02 pm

Have a look at :-

http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/vargas.asp

More information on this site.

Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

geegee
Resident

Postby geegee » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:14 pm

Thats absolutely disgusting and horrifying jools - I cannot believe such a thing would be allowed anywhere in the world, but sadly humans do worse to humans every day - thats not to say we should not all sign the petition, we most certainly should!

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:53 pm

look at gerrys link :roll:

sup g ;) mum said hello ;)
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

mirandamac
Resident

Postby mirandamac » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:11 pm

Did that the other day - it's unbelievable isn't it? :(

annie_d
Resident

Postby annie_d » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:35 pm

I cannot imagine that this event really took place. I would think this would just be a huge publicity stunt for the artist and the dog was removed shortly after all the photographs were taken.
anyway, anyway, love from me.

.Griff.
Resident

Postby .Griff. » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:54 pm

annie_d wrote:I cannot imagine that this event really took place. I would think this would just be a huge publicity stunt for the artist and the dog was removed shortly after all the photographs were taken.
I saw this on another forum with a link to photographic content of the "exhibition" (I can thing of better words) but I'm reluctant to post the link as frankly it's not in the best taste.

It showed the decline of the dog and I simply cannot understand why no-one attending simply didn't do something to help the poor animal.

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:07 pm

Annie D - the whole point of this post and the petition is that this DID happen - the photos tell the tale, it seems unbelievable but unfortunately it is true......I wish you were right though......

WE must do all we can to stop it happening again

annie_d
Resident

Postby annie_d » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:10 pm

Exactly Griff. Surely someone would have intervened. I know there were photographs taken of the dog in distress, which is bad enough, but were there any showing its demise?

.Griff.
Resident

Postby .Griff. » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:37 pm

I've not seen photo's of a deceased dog but some photo's clearly showed a VERY VERY poor animal that barely looked recognisable as a dog anymore. I could expand but I hope you appreciate why I don't want to start using graphic descriptions.

I guess the obvious answer for the lack of intervention from anyone is the culture in Nicaragua and the exhibition was predominantly attended by arty farty types (for lack of a better description). Still doesn't make it right though :(

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:01 pm

I do NOT support or condone animal or other cruelty.
But did it really happen?

Have a look at the link I posted earlier.

Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

.Griff.
Resident

Postby .Griff. » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:47 pm

I hear what you're saying Gerry but even if the animal didn't die, and it was setup, I could produce images of an animal in a very bad state. Either way it's doesn't condone it.

(I'm willing to produce the image(s) if necessary but I haven't for fear of upsetting people and/or being criticised for doing so)

annie_d
Resident

Postby annie_d » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:01 pm

Yes, but, as in Spain, Nicaragua has many animals that are uncared for. Perhaps he took one of these dogs to highlight the fact that people will pay attention when they are used as an exhibit but not when they are seen on the streets.