Gas Regulations

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
ICCSL
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ICCSL » Sun May 25, 2008 11:20 am

Campo Kenny wrote:Plenty of townhouses have bottles on the first floor as that's where a lot of the kitchens are situated.
We needed to build a brick ventilated barrier between cooker and bottle when we had our townhouse to meet regs., not being on the ground floor was not an issue.

Kenny
When was this Kenny? In our area the registered plumbers will not contemplate any gas bottles on the first floor at all. Perhaps the law has changed since your house was built.

When I purchased my house almost nine years ago, there was a gas water heater upstairs with a gas bottle attached to it. The plumber wasn't happy about it then but when the house was reformed, some two years later the architect and the plumber insisted that it was removed because I quote "it is illegal to have gas appliances with bottles attached to them on the first floor".
Tina

Grouser
Resident

Postby Grouser » Sun May 25, 2008 11:32 am

If that's true Tina how do they cope in apartment blocks?
Grouser

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sun May 25, 2008 2:44 pm

Exactly, that was the question I asked.

olive

Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Sun May 25, 2008 6:31 pm

Nope Tina, no problems.Cepsa men did two commissionings for us in the old 4 story townhouse we had.
One first floor for cooker c/w with bottle behind said barrier/ wall.
One on second floor for boiler with gas bottle just free standing....both signed off and not an issue.

Kenny

ICCSL
Andalucia.com Amigo

Apartment Blocks

Postby ICCSL » Sun May 25, 2008 8:46 pm

Well I guess this is yet another area where interpretation of the rules is different from one area to the next. No one around us can have gas bottles apart from on the ground floor. No idea about apartment blocks but I think this is something I am going to look into next week.
Tina

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Sun May 25, 2008 9:06 pm

As I questioned above, there is absolutely no reference in the NTE Gas Regs section about not being able to site gas bottles on the first floor (or any other floor for that matter!). There are restrictions in buildings of multiple occupation eg you can't put them on stairs, in corridors etc but nothing else.

julian
Andalucia Guru

gas

Postby julian » Sun May 25, 2008 9:50 pm

maybe your delivery guy doesn´t like carrying them up the stairs so they only allow them on ground floor !

shayne
Tourist

Gas Checks

Postby shayne » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:05 am

Just thought I would let anyone thats interested know,these people seem to be doing the rounds in my area.Yesterday we had a guy turn up asking to check our gas things and then he wanted €50 upfront and €120 for work he claimed needed doing! Needless to say we told him where to go!My Spanish neighbour told me that these guys are con men and to call the police if they return.The photo on the ID card that the chap had bore no resemblance to him,which I pointed out....looked like someone about 20 years older!!!
:D