Has the Dust Settled ?

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Has the Dust Settled ?

Postby BENIDORM » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:48 pm

Yes, I wonder....
has the dust now settled from the recent house demolitions, and has the undermining propaganda ,that sent shivers down the spines of many expats , now faded enough to let decent new expat arrivals to live and fulfill their dreams and for others who have lived their dreams and nightmares .....will they now be able to move on....?

I hope so.

Gordon.

annie_d
Resident

Postby annie_d » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:56 pm

Dust never settles. Ask anyone with a wet cloth.
anyway, anyway, love from me.

frog
Resident

Postby frog » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:35 am

easy for you to say,
'oh i just lost my house and everything but that was 6 months ago so i will forget about that then'
do you think that is how people will react?
i am glad of the propeganda as you call it,might save a few people a lot of money,to many people on this forum live in some kind of bubble that keeps them from the real world
jayne countys most famous song,google it

Cassandra
Resident

Postby Cassandra » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:18 am

Certainly not settled in our area. The Priors were headline news in the local paper again this week when their ayuntamiento announced that they were not going to pay compensation as it was not their fault and the Priors should sue the Junta de Andalucia! This is a retired couple, one with a heart condition, do they have time for that?

On the plus side, the new estate agency laws are being rigorously enforced, the new law that dates back at least 3 years that is. Most of the agents seem happy to comply with it as it should give buyers more confidence that all is in order but wish they had been given a warning that it was about to be enforced as it's been a mad scramble to get everything in. Their only gripe is having to get a new nota simple every 3 months but as they're passing the cost onto the seller that's not really an issue either.