Well pumps

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Beryl1914
Andalucia.com Amigo

Well pumps

Postby Beryl1914 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:06 pm

Does anyone know the cost of a well pump and set up?

julian
Andalucia Guru

pump

Postby julian » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:09 pm

that´s a bit like asking if anyone knows how much a car costs, we´ll need a bit more info

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:25 pm

Beryl, as Julian says, some more info needed - type of well, depth, diameter, height and distance the water needs to be raised and delivered and quantity of water required. Solar powered, genny powered or mains powered?

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:29 pm

I would add a few more things to cost in.

Distance away from your electric supply and the method of getting it there. The cable would either go overhead or better be in that thick corrugated red plastic tubing buried well beneath the ground - say half a metre.

A further consideration would be single phase or three phase electric. If you have three phase then it spreads the load across the three phases and might reduce incidences of your supply tripping if you are using too many appliances at once.

Finally you may want to specify some controls e.g. "switches off when the water drops below a pre determined level in the well when activated". Switches off when the Bolsa (receiving tank) is full.

I'll stick my neck out and say that DIY minimum of 400 euros for a cheap and cheerful system. However if complex, any distance from supply, needs to raise water a considerable height and you are getting someone in then could be up to 1500 euros.

If you go to a Brico Depot place or builders merchants and a pump supplier you can cost up the materials needed and then you just need to add labour in to get a rough idea. Don't forget to include sufficient rotproof nylon rope to attach to the pump so it can be raised for maintenance or replacement.

Hope that helps, olive

julian
Andalucia Guru

well

Postby julian » Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:12 pm

bet you wished you hadn´t asked now !! nothing is simple !!! :)

Alan-LaCala
Resident

Postby Alan-LaCala » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:38 am

We had a new pump recently. Pump and labour was 480 euros.

Alan
Remember that everything that Fred Astaire did, Ginger Rogers did too; except she did it backwards and wearing high heels!

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:47 am

Feri pump from Australia. 500 euros. Works by air pressure. All plastic, non-moveable parts - never break. Normal pumps need replacing every few years. Compressor, pipes (surprisingly expensive), 8000 litre deposito, all for around 1000 euros. Generator extra. We got a good one. Another 800 euros.

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:02 am

You also need to check that you have the right to extract water from the well, as many properties may have wells but not necessarily the right attached for water to be withdrawn - I know its not logical, but fines for using water without the right to it can be astronomical

Beryl1914
Andalucia.com Amigo

Well pumps

Postby Beryl1914 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:36 pm

The well was up and running when we bought the property, however on our first visit to the house the kitchen had been taken and I quess he took the pump as the well was no longer locked and the electric cable cut.
Thanks for all the replies and I will check with the town hall about the well as it is not near the house and not in the deeds.