ryanair excess baggage fees

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
metalmonkey
Resident

ryanair excess baggage fees

Postby metalmonkey » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:41 am

Hi

friend just returned fro the UK...found out the hard way that Ryanair have increased their excess fee to 15 euros per kilo...ouch
If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room

Valencia_Paul
Resident

Postby Valencia_Paul » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:37 am

Yes - we flew recently from Liverpool to Alicante. We were 2 kilos over leaving Liverpool and the check-in staff didn't bat an eye.

On returning the Swissair check-in staff at Alicante said we were 3 kilos over and I got charged 45 euros. I don't think the 15 kilo allowance is very generous but I chose Ryanair because of the handy flight times.

Gogs
Tourist

Postby Gogs » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:25 am

We used Globespan on our last trip and bought 'extra luggage' at £15 for 10 kilos as we were taking out 'the kitchen sink' again. At check-in we were told that although we had bought extra luggage, this was actually extra weight and we should also have bought 'an extra suitcase' at £6 each way, to put this extra weight in since it didn't fit into the original 2 cases. You live and learn but the website is anything but clear on this point.