Pro-Mosquito conspiracy

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Superplonk
Andalucia.com Amigo

Pro-Mosquito conspiracy

Postby Superplonk » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:42 pm

Am I the only one who can't find the "tablets" for night time plug-in mosquito zappers? I've had no luck in El Corte Ingles, Mercadona and Lidl. Last year they were widely available and according to my calculation afforded protection for around 10c/night. The small plastic bottle alternative only lasts around 2 weeks and not the 45 days it says on the box - this makes it three to four times more expensive. There's something funny going on here....

pkates
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pkates » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:14 pm

The 1st year i bought the plugins i didn't slide the tablets into them. Had them plugged in and cursed them for a couple of weeks until i realised. Doh! :oops:

Liz Fox
Andalucia.com Amigo

Carrefour

Postby Liz Fox » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:53 pm

We got some in Carrefour about a month ago but haven't looked since cos they haven't run out yet.

Superplonk
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Superplonk » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:11 pm

Mrs. S has now found some in El C, but of course they are only available with the plug - meaning that they cost 40c/night.

PS El C's cheapest dishwasher tablets: 17c each
Lidl equivalent: 7c each

Floriana
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Floriana » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:33 pm

Some sort of shortage - or sales scam! I was hunting for the tablets at the beginning of July and could only find them included with the plug too.

Tried everywhere, very odd.

Thanks for reminding me though, will try and source some here in UK before my next visit.

julian
Andalucia Guru

mossies

Postby julian » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:55 pm

I´m not convinced that dishwasher tablets will deter the mossies

frog
Resident

Postby frog » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:49 pm

i think you may find its mozzies
jayne countys most famous song,google it

julian
Andalucia Guru

mossies

Postby julian » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:16 am

I´ll ask them !!!! :)

JJ
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby JJ » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:04 pm

Try Killpaff plug-ins, they work a treat, even with the windows and doors open. We even use them outside when we're eating and never get bitten.

gretch
Resident

Postby gretch » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:43 pm

I managed to buy some of the ‘tablets’ today in a supermarket in……………………………….Albox............Sorry. :wink:

gretch

Floriana
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Floriana » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:20 pm

Hmmm see report:
LACK OF ACTION OVER MOSQUITOS
The Partido Popular party in Vejer has criticised the council and the provincial authorities for not taking action over a plague of mosquitos which it says is affecting the town and some rural districts. According to the Secretary General of the local party, José Ortiz, the numbers of mosquitos have multiplied so much this year that people in Libreros, El Cañal and Poblado de Varelo are unable to go out into the street in the evening or at night. He also claims that the plague of mosquitos is seriously affecting the local animal population, which could cause a public health problem. The PP says that when the matter was raised at a recent meeting of the provincial government, its president denied that the problem existed and said no complaints had been received. In response, the PP suggests that he visit the municipality to see for himself the results of the lack of action to tackle the situation.
taken from www.cadiznews.com

Maybe someone had advance warning and that's why there are no tablets?