What do you do on a Sunday in Andalucia.

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:07 pm

peteroldracer, I must say your comment about me thinking in a strange way coming from someone obsessed with the minutiae of punctuation and Brit plated cars is a tad like the "pot calling the kettle black"! :)

In regard to the examples you quote, there is a major difference. In my favouite pub people are physically there, I know them and can form a judgement as to what they are like in terms of what I would discuss with them. Andalucia.com is a cyberspace community of anonomous people! It is even alleged that some are here with multi IDs! Why would I want to discuss personal matters with anonomous people?

I suppose it comes down to what you want from the Forum, for me it is a very valuable and welcome source of information regarding Spain and particularly Andalucia rather than a place to go in search of cyberspace friends. Ok, a personal thing but I'm not really interested in what other people do on a Sunday. I only posted here out of curiosity as to why others feel the need to ask/share such information without fear of being compromised.

If that means "I don't yet belong" as you put it, then I suppose it is because of the way I see and use the Forum i.e not as somewhere I have to go to find friends in cyberspace!

wagon ropes
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby wagon ropes » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:49 pm

Masterrob, yes I was happy to answer this particular question. Why on earth not? What personal information information have I 'given away' that matters in the least?
Life is 'ard den you die!

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:06 pm

I have no problem about anyone knowing what I usually do on Sundays, however I do respect anyone who doesn't wish to disclose their routines.

Regardless of what country that I happen to be in, most Sundays start off with very early starts visiting Carboot sales, Brocantes, Fleamarkets,Antique Fairs and Charity shops...Then I always eat, drink and be merry, for the rest of the day, and for exercise in between I walk over to my computer and log on to Ebay, Amazon and A.Com... :wink:

Regards, Gordon

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Postby karandjon » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:12 pm

I too was happy to answer, and enjoy the answers to questions like these. :lol:
Maybe i am just nosy, but find it interesting to hear how different people spend their time.
From what i have read, there is no personal info given whereupon i can say "oooh SuperTed from a.com goes to the Lucky Cow every Sunday at 2.30pm....i´m going to go too, see if i can spot him :shock: "
To me, and many others seemingly, this is a thread whereupon people, if happy to, post what they get up to on an average Sunday...nothing more, nothing less. :lol:
vino, sol y aire, y seras rico como nadie

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:26 pm

If you were to watch the exits of carboot sales etc, eventually you would see me staggering out loaded with large bags stacked high with 'bargains'.

I'm easy to spot, I'm big, with curly hair and a permanent inane grin on my face, and my Wife is Petite and Pretty with a grin on her face from thinking about the fantastic bargains that she has just purchased. :lol:

Regards, Gordon with the long arms..

ken2
Resident

Postby ken2 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:13 pm

My life has totally changed since retireing in spain, i really don,t know what day it is most of the time, which is fine with me, but now and again her-in-doors will say why don't you phone up today and book us a carvery, blimey i say is it Sunday again already, ha ha so you that think you are sad, forget it, their are sadder people about, ha ha oopps out of habit, (which i said i would stop doing) spell check shows me a general error

pigs-might-fly
Andalucia Guru

Postby pigs-might-fly » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:27 am

my Wife is Petite and Pretty
Now there's a man looking for Sunday afternoon rumpy-pumpy.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

costagirl
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby costagirl » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:46 am

karandjon wrote:I too was happy to answer, and enjoy the answers to questions like these. :lol:
Maybe i am just nosy, but find it interesting to hear how different people spend their time.
From what i have read, there is no personal info given whereupon i can say "oooh SuperTed from a.com goes to the Lucky Cow every Sunday at 2.30pm....i´m going to go too, see if i can spot him :shock: "
To me, and many others seemingly, this is a thread whereupon people, if happy to, post what they get up to on an average Sunday...nothing more, nothing less. :lol:
totally agree with what karandjon has said. I have no problems answering posts like that and I love reading them. Yeah I am a nosey cow at times :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kathy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Kathy » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:06 pm

Many thanks to those that have replied so far.

Looks like there is a common thread of good food, relaxation and plunging in the pool amongst the forum members.

Watch out, folk might think we are all living the dream :wink:

ken2
Resident

Postby ken2 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:58 pm

Kathy wrote:Many thanks to those that have replied so far.

Looks like there is a common thread of good food, relaxation and plunging in the pool amongst the forum members.

Watch out, folk might think we are all living the dream :wink:

Don't forget the rumpy-pumpy, oh happy day's, it's only memories, but nice ones, will have to get the wife to read this thread,?? ya never know???

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:39 pm

I spend about 3-4 months a year in Spain, I'd like to offer some interesting replies as to my Sunday activities, sad git that I am though I have to say I usually do the same on Sundays as the rest of the week, wake up, a swim in the pool if it's warm enough, full english, a few beers in the local, home for a nap, take care of anything that can be done online, nap, shower, out for some nosh, a few beers then home to bed, works for me every single day :D
Ah! the full english!!

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:29 pm

well this week i'll be getting up at 05.30 and getting ready for work :(
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

annie_d
Resident

Postby annie_d » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:54 pm

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ken2, now that is a sad state of affairs.
anyway, anyway, love from me.

julian
Andalucia Guru

work

Postby julian » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:56 pm

look on the bright side SL , at least you´re working now !

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Re: work

Postby spanish_lad » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:22 pm

julian wrote:look on the bright side SL , at least you´re working now !
contracted too :eek: im in alicante this week and next week im off to scicaly again !
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

frog
Resident

Postby frog » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:26 am

im with retro except i have the annoying bit where i have to take the wife to work at 10 am!! and pick her up at 5 just as the footy is starting
jayne countys most famous song,google it

ken2
Resident

Postby ken2 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:48 am

annie_d wrote:Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ken2, now that is a sad state of affairs.

thanks Annie, i'll cherish that,xx ha ha love they neighbour, every one loves good neighbours

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:48 am

Lazy morning, cook some lunch, lazy afternoon then off to get the bus into Sevilla for the football :D :D :D :D :D :P :) :) :P :P :P It is that time of year already :D

Come on Betis :D