chances of getting anything back from endesa?

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

chances of getting anything back from endesa?

Postby spanish_lad » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:24 am

just calling endesa for a client / friend. he´s had alot of problems over night and this storm has somewhat "adjusted" the incoming power to the house.

(for the technical people, he 3-phase and it reads 400/250/50v)

so his tv, video, sky box, etc etc etc have all gone pop.

so, without having an antisurge unit in the house, is there anything that he can claim back from endesa?
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

anis
Resident

Postby anis » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:20 am

...in my experience, SL, absolutely zilch !!! :(

julian
Andalucia Guru

endesa

Postby julian » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:25 am

yes you can claim and get repaid, make sure you get a report for each item from a technician stating that it was caused by power surge on that date.phone endesa to ask what and how to present, only do it if this is a legal house, if it is a connection for casa de aperos orpozo or anything but a vivienda do not claim.

rostrumdiva
Tourist

endesa

Postby rostrumdiva » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:26 am

In our experience you will not get any recompense from endesa. A few months back we had a similar problem which was actually caused by a fault in a sub-station which had 'gone out of phase' but resulted in our apartment permanently 'tripping'. We contacted them several times and wrote to them, after our own electrician diagnosed the problem and he even sent diagrams and spoke to endesa offering to meet them. Eventually, after some time, endesa did repair the fault but refused to offer us any compensation for loss of service or for the fee charged by the electrician.

Good luck.
Last edited by rostrumdiva on Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

USINSPAIN
Resident

Power surges

Postby USINSPAIN » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:34 am

I had a similar experience a lightning strike on there sub station blew out my control panels on my heating air con units I claimed of my house insurance had no problems at all.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:35 am

I claimed against Endesa a couple of years ago for €450 worth of damage to the control box of my self starting generator caused by a spike during a thunderstorm. All my other equipment was protected by UPSes (or whatever the plural of UPS is!).

I kept the burnt out items and had a report from the Honda technician who repaired it but they refused to pay.

I then claimed from my domestic insurance company who paid out a proportion of the cost. The insurance company then took Endesa to court claiming the rest of my expenses and repayment of the amount they paid to me.

We won the case and Endesa were ordered to pay the whole amount plus interest because they had been dragging their feet for so long.

They have since upgraded the local transformer and the cables, something which they had previously said they were not prepared to do in such an isolated rural area.

anis
Resident

Postby anis » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:51 am

I made a couple of claims - one for the same reason stated above and another because a certain person had been charging their electricity to my account, having falsely obtained my banking details.
This was back in jolly old peseta days. If you look on electric bills now, you will see that the client's whole bank number is no longer given, only the start numbers. Those were removed about two weeks after I was able to prove what had happened - coincidence ? I don't think so :(
Even though the matter was eventually agreed to by both my bank and Endesa themselves, they would not reimburse me for the theft.
It took me months to get to the bottom of the problem and to put a stop to it and I wasted a great deal of my time and was continually fobbed off with various excuses.
They did not reimburse me for any equipment broken by their surges in the second claim. :( :( :( - I am not a great fan of theirs as I am sure you can tell :lol: and if new companies come in to the market, as possibly suggested by el Cid, I shall be one of the first to move on.
This one of the problems we encounter when dealing with companies that have the sole market, there is little comeback, like it or lump it, or live in the dark :evil: .
Maybe, as Julian says, your friend will get something - it was a while ago when I complained. I certainly do hope so.

campo babe
Resident

Postby campo babe » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:12 pm

A couple of years ago there was a power surge around here and several people had their TVs, videos, cookers etc. burnt out. Most were able to claim from their insurance companies, who in turn claimed from Endessa.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Re: chances of getting anything back from endesa?

Postby spanish_lad » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:22 pm

result:

i went with him to the local office. she said basically "if the lightning did it then its not our fault and tough cookies."

then gave me the number for calling when ya stuff is broken.

so i called them.

there was a technician there in under 20 minutes, who diagnosed a fault in the cabling outside the house. they replaced a section and now he is lit up again.

so sevilliana have to pay up.

he gets all new stuff on their insurance. he has to take all the broken equipment to a place on poligono la rosa, im guessing mafasur, the sevilliana sub contractors to get it tested.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

anis
Resident

Re: chances of getting anything back from endesa?

Postby anis » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:37 pm

That is great news SL, I hope your friend gets his money back.
I love to be proved wrong in cases like this :D :D :D