Come fly with me!!

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
keddyboy
Resident

Come fly with me!!

Postby keddyboy » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:30 am

Well the first real wind has arrived and as is usual my car port roof has decided to take up hang gliding!!! Yes its decided to make one of those unexpected flights to Mijas. Guess what I am doing when this wind dies down apart from collecting the wall plates which are now lawn plates, getting all the plastic chairs back in my garden and out of the pool!! God lifes a bitch but I wouldn't change it for the world.
Keddyboy
Never do today what you can leave until tomorrow.

mijas bound
Resident

Re: Come fly with me!!

Postby mijas bound » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:38 am

Keddy, i wish i had your terrible life :D

BTW its been really windy here in the North East of England today too, finally something in common with Southern Spain
Via con DIABLO

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:24 am

Windy at my end too today,30kms on moto ,visability not good at 8am this morning :shock: got home to not only taste of salt,but had an exfoliated face from all the sand..lovely..blew all my cobwebs away. :lol:
To top it all,idiot estate agent has left the roof terrace door wide open next door,and everytime it bangs against the walls,sounds like a loud explosion. :roll:

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Postby gavilan » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:17 pm

wild and windy here too BFT 7 (Axarquia Alta) but really warm: 25 degrees

avellana
Resident

Postby avellana » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:29 pm

Same here the other side of the mountains to La Axarquia Alta!

keddyboy
Resident

Postby keddyboy » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:52 am

Well last night was the limit, sounded like a renactment of the 1812!!! Had enough by 6am so went out to carry out inspection. Now if any of you have a piece of plastic corrigated roofing in your garden measuring 12 foot by 3ft, please return it to me as all of my car port roof has gone, oh yes and three deorative plates and three pot plants [various colours!!] Batten down the hatches it is going to get worse according to the forecast.
Keddyboy

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Postby gavilan » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:20 am

yes keddyboy what a night! plus thunder and lightening and a few heavy short showers ... just got power back on! local weather station reports highest wind gust 85km ... feels more like 185km ... scary stuff! and what is so strange is that sometimes this wind is howling from the north then it swings 180 degrees to come from the south ... also its still very warm 27 degrees with a strange mist over all surrounding hills and mountains ... supposed to be flying back to UK Monday night - hope the wind has gone by then!

RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:54 am

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:49 pm

Oh what a night ... very little rain but seemed to be awake on and off all night with tremendous gusts of wind buffeting the house. Two sun loungers have flown off the edge of the plot and are hanging in an olive tree out of reach, and we just stopped a third from going into the pool, which resembles the north sea! The lid to the skimmer keeps flying off as the water slaps up underneath it - it's like a blow-hole! We've been for an exhilarating walk on the paseo this morning to inspect the damage to Torrox beach - in fact there's very little left of it as the sea is hitting the paseo wall once again. As Gavilan said, the wind seems to be coming from all directions and the gusts are quite scary. I've had enough of it now, and hope that tomorrow's forecast is right when it says the winds are lighter.

wagon ropes
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby wagon ropes » Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:30 pm

What a night it was, and still continuing today. We almost lost the tiles off the roof of the breakfast room but fortunately I heard them start to rattle so we were able to go out and replace them. They are now anchored down with some heavy blocks as well so they should stay put. It was a bit unnerving doing the work however as the wind was still howling and the edge of the roof is just a narrow path from a steep drop into the arroyo. :shock: Didn't tell the OH that I had my eyes shut during the whole opperation. :lol:
Life is 'ard den you die!

keddyboy
Resident

Postby keddyboy » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:30 am

Great news, have found half of one sheet at bottom of swimming pool, where every loose leaf in Andalucia has decided to have a dip!!!!!
Keddyboy