The difference in a few hours...

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
karandjon
Andalucia Guru

The difference in a few hours...

Postby karandjon » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:28 pm

Well, after spending a pleasant few days with friends in La Herradura, we set off from theirs at 12pm this lunchtime, in a torrent of rain, wind, thunder and lightening! By the time we got to Torrox, the mist was still there, but the rain had eased.We then headed up Antequera where the sun was shining, left past Estepa, towards Sevilla, then past there to our house, further towards the coast, where we arrived 5 hours later, to high 20´s and full sun. No sign of any rain being had! On texting our friends of our safe arrival, they informed us the rainstorm didnt stop there til 4pm!
I was amazed at all the different stages we passed through on our journey home, and just goes to show how different your weather can be to someones half an hour away!
vino, sol y aire, y seras rico como nadie

katy
Andalucia Guru

Re: The difference in a few hours...

Postby katy » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:35 pm

Seems many places had a lot of rain. Grey morning here but hot sun this afternoon. Not a spot of rain

http://www.diariosur.es/20081014/local/ ... 40846.html

Troglodyfae
Resident

Re: The difference in a few hours...

Postby Troglodyfae » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:28 pm

I also went away for a few days, which is very rare for me, however family commitments dictated I had to attend.

We sent off from the Granada region about lunchtime on Thursday and the minute we hit the outskirts of Murcia the rain pelted down. This continued into the Alicante region, and continued more or less for the majority of the time we were there.

On the way back on Sunday the weather was much more settled in the Alicante region but became increasingly more dodgy as we got into Murcia and degraded further as we hit Granada.

It is still not pleasant here, but better than Tidal described whilst we were away :shock:

I am however delighted we live in a cave house as we have had no structural damage at all, just the odd thing flying around the terrace, there is a possibility we might have some portion of a carport in our terrace :lol: