where are they are their any

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
charlie2000
Andalucia.com Amigo

where are they are their any

Postby charlie2000 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:38 am

any info would be appreciated.My son is due to start san pedro international soon but the fees for us are financially disastrous ,we have looked at the option of spanish school and our other two childen go to san pedro spanish school,but for him it is not good ,he struggles with the language and seems to be targeted by the teenagers in san pedro {mainly south american and morrocan not spanish }having been threatened twice already ,indeed we had to leave san pedro ferrier due to a crowd of hostile threatening youths ,he is blond blue eyed and looks to be 17 /18 more than 13 yrs old and they seem to have taken a dislike to him.We have heard mention of a school that seems to be part funded in a place behind marbella the area is in is in a place called ecco or something sounding similar ,does anyone know of this area ,or a similar school

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Re: where are they are their any

Postby Lavanda » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:57 am

I can't help but how horrible for your son. Marbella has an international school where, at least, this kind of picking on a student because they look different should not happen. Perhaps Katy can help?

lis48
Resident

Postby lis48 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:00 am

Have you mentioned all this to the school and asked if they can reduce the fees? In any international school that I have taught in, they have done this for hard working students who are a credit to their school. It is better in the current economic climate of foreigners leaving Spain, to reduce the fees than lose the pupil altogether. After all, all the class sizes and teacher sets will have been worked out now and the school is unlikely to get a replacement for your son. Maybe even if they did this for one year, it would help your son improve his language and confidence to move onto the public sector.
Más vale un "por si acaso" que un "¿quién lo iba a saber?"

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:03 am

there is ALOHA, SWANS and RICMAR all international,ECOS is in elviria, I think i´s german tel 952 83 10 27

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:39 am

There is a very good private Spanish school at El Rosario and the fees are less than the International ones. Both Aloha and English International College have a good reputation.

Angie P
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Angie P » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:25 pm

My husband teaches at Swans. Their tel is 952 902 755.

Hope you get sorted.