ACCEPTING BRITISH WILL IN SPAIN

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: ACCEPTING BRITISH WILL IN SPAIN

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:52 pm

No-one in their right minds uses a Spanish lawyer to draw up a will. A visit to a notary is sufficient. Most have at least one English speaking clerk who knows far more about what you can or cannot do than a lawyer and the cost is only about €50.
Let's go Brandon!

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:36 am

We paid 31 euro each at the notary, I was told the cost was according to the time you were there, we visited twice and was probably there less than a hour in total. That was about a year ago :)
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

Bongtrees
Andalucia Guru

Postby Bongtrees » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:49 am

Beachy and Julie is that the cost of a Will in Spanish or in both languages?
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:53 am

The price I gave is for dual columns, English one side and Spanish on the other. Julie may speak Spanish in which case dual columns are not required. I think the cost is calculated on the number of pages rather than the time spent.

Unless the notary speaks English (or you speak Spanish) you will need a translator at the signing.
Let's go Brandon!

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:19 pm

I´m glad the notary doesn´t charge by the amount of time you are there, considering the hours and hours I´ve spent waiting to get things signed at the notary over the years,it always seems to take all morning sitting around to later sign something in about 30 seconds flat !!!