KM rate

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Kathy
Andalucia.com Amigo

KM rate

Postby Kathy » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:58 pm

Does anyone know the official km rate for using your own car for business?

Bongtrees
Andalucia Guru

Re: KM rate

Postby Bongtrees » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:48 pm

I was always told that this was not allowed, indeed there are many occupations in Spain where a car is essential for business but that Hacienda will not allow any running costs, depreciation, IVA etc as a genuine business expense.

I expect someone will have something different to say but that is my experience from 7 years working in Spain and 5 gestors.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:07 pm

Hacienda will allow all vehicle costs IF you ONLY use it as a business vehicle (ie it has to be left at the place of work overnight and weekends etc and not used for going to and from work) and it is owned by the business and not an individual.

Our gestor told us if we log the km and state the reasons for the journey we can claim that as the mileage (kmage) and also that any additional vehicle insurance we have to allow professional use is also deductible...........

Its another Hacienda confusion like so many others.....and seems to be a very grey area with conflicting advice.

Bongtrees
Andalucia Guru

Postby Bongtrees » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:31 pm

So Jool, have you used your vehicle for business use how much is kmage?
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:29 pm

No idea, only started doing so this quarter as did not seem worth the hassle or admin before of having to log all journeys etc.....but now things are tighter we are going to do it, will let you know.....I did ask what the official rate was and was told "depende" so make of that what you will!! Anything will be better than nothing.

Kathy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Kathy » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:33 pm

Ok so if you are freelance in Spain and live lets say, 100kms away from your client,
what Km rate would they expect you to charge them?

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:02 pm

depende
on what I still don´t know, it was nigh on impossible to get a figure so I guess I will find out when we submit our quarterly accounts and see how much is deducted! :roll: