Worm like creatures

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
fearless nige
Andalucia.com Amigo

Worm like creatures

Postby fearless nige » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:13 pm

As I had limited response to this query on the gardening section I thought I would ask here - has anybody else had any experience of the centipede like worms in the home? They often curl up when threatened (stop or I'll shoot), and seem to come indoors when it is wet outside. They also stink. I think they get into the house via the windows and door frames. If you have any knowledge of how to eradicate them or prevent them coming inside in the first place (preferable!) please tell me! Thanks.

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Re: Worm like creatures

Postby karandjon » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:17 pm

we used to have them, when we lived down your way (an hour east of Torrox).they would come out, after rainfall or cold/dampness outside.
We would see one climbing up the bathroom wall, but if you got close enough to get rid of it...it let out a right stench, that would stink rotten for the next 10 minutes or more!!! We ended up spraying them from a distance, letting them curl up & die, then removing them. that way they didnt let off as much smell!

Since moving to Costa de la Luz, in the 2 years we have been here....we haven´t had one!!! :D I am so pleased they are not over here, as that was my only pet hate, living where we did!
vino, sol y aire, y seras rico como nadie

deb
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby deb » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:01 pm

absolutley hate these things, get loads of them when it is wet, not so many in the house but they do get into the conservatory. Put a post on here about them about 2 weeks ago and there were quite a few answers on how to get rid of them. If you look back on here you may find the posts

fearless nige
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby fearless nige » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:04 am

Thanks Deb - shall go hunting!