You couldnt make it up

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Bongtrees
Andalucia Guru

You couldnt make it up

Postby Bongtrees » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:03 pm

taken from a British site today

So, you think WE have it bad . . .

Monday 15th December 2008

You think things are tough? Well, spare a thought for UK agents now in Spain, where property prices are down by anything up to 89%. Gulp.

Unfortunately many ¨quotes¨ from this portal end up in the media

http://www.Estateagenttoday.co.uk
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell

katy
Andalucia Guru

Re: You couldnt make it up

Postby katy » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:30 pm

What would be the point of selling so low :?

Acen
Resident

Postby Acen » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:59 pm

Im not doubting your claims, but in vilages where the supply does not meet demand, prices have remaimed the same. Obviously we are talking about small vilages which are 99% spanish and have great schools and doctors. The sort of place were the Spanish want to live to be near family.

I cant get 1 euro off the asking price on a second hand car I want to buy off a Spanish dealers and they will wait for ever if they dont get there asking price or put the car back on there rent a car fleet.

Im not sure the Spanish are going to be too bothered about the "crisis" as any job losses are greeted with a joy and easy Paro payments.

The Pound is being sold at 1.07 in Gib today. For the Brits in this part of Spain it is a real issue.

A bit of advice for anyone looking for a second hand car in Andalucia.

FORGET THE COSTA DEL SOL DEALERS THAT MAY OFFER YOU A BARGAIN.

Cheaper cars are available where the demand is higher. Obviously cities are best.

JEREZ has some "bargain" cars on offer at the moment. On the CDS I the lowest priced car I was offered was 2 years older and €2000 more than the car Im buying in Jerez. No Im not joking!!!!!!and its not a tired Hire car either.

acen

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:27 pm

Im not sure the Spanish are going to be too bothered about the "crisis" as any job losses are greeted with a joy and easy Paro payments.

I can't agree with your Satatement above, 2 of my friends have lost thier jobs and are devastated, the paro does not last forever, as in the UK.
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Postby karandjon » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:25 pm

Acen wrote:A bit of advice for anyone looking for a second hand car in Andalucia.

JEREZ has some "bargain" cars on offer at the moment.

acen
Hi Acen, can you give me the details of the garages in Jerez that have the bargains on cars at the moment, as we are looking to buy one?

Thanks,

Karen
vino, sol y aire, y seras rico como nadie

pkates
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pkates » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:34 pm

I'd been interested in a car dealer websites in Jerez that you may be able to provide - thanks.
Pete

detourer
Resident

Postby detourer » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:52 pm

Hi Acen, can you give me the details of the garages in Jerez that have the bargains on cars at the moment, as we are looking to buy one?..........."

Hi Karen,

Going off topic I know but why buy? I have hired for over a year now.....currently a new Seat 5 door sporty saloon job [can't see it from where I am at the mo] fully loaded etc etc........I96.00 euro for 28days..........we change every month but may well keep this one 'even after the ashtrays are full!

Go to the grave in an attractive and well preserved body? Rather skid in sideways, women on each arm, champagne and credit card in each hand, body thoroughly used, abused, totally worn out and screaming …."WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE"

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Postby karandjon » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:33 pm

Detourer - Thanks for the idea. does that €196 you pay every 28 days include fully comp insurance for each car you´re sent?
How does it work? Do they deliver you the car each month? Can you specify what you want, i.e. 5 door estate? Do you have a website I can look at?

Thanks

Karen

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Postby karandjon » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:06 pm

Just bumping this back up.

Detourer - Can you let me know the details of who you use, as i cant find anything even vaguely similar?

Acen - thanks for the PM´s.

Thanks,

Karen